One day, Call of Duty won’t reign supreme every year. While interest has certainly waned a little bit over the last few years, WWII seems to have been a renewed shot in the arm as the series went back to its historic roots. To emphasise the franchise’s still-relevant dominance, the game has sat atop of the UK sales charts for a whole month now. In its time, it’s seen off challenges from Star Wars: Battlefront II as well as Black Friday sales, but alas, it remains unmoved.
The ever-popular FIFA 18 is second, but it seems Gran Turismo Sport really benefited from a run of Black Friday deals, seeing the game jump from 12th to 3rd in a week. Others seemed to have gotten the Black Friday touch, too, with Forza Motorsport 7 jumping from 15th to 6th while Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus went from 18th to 7th.
Now, as always, it’s worth noting that these sales only account for physical, which is getting a smaller and smaller market share — so this offer only a part of the picture. At the same time, it certainly gives us a glimpse at what the market is doing and it seems, Call of Duty is going to be here to rule the industry for a while longer.
- Gran Turismo Sport Back Up After Several Hours Offline
- Gran Turismo Sport Adds New Cars For Holiday Update
- A New Infinity Ward Studio Will Open In Poland Via Activision
- Wolfenstein II Will Be Coming To Nintendo Switch Next Year
- Forza Motorsport 7 To Add Halo-Themed Racing Suits
- Winter Siege Returns For Call Of Duty: WWII Event
- 'Call Of Duty: WWII' Getting More Updates & Fixes In Next Patch
- The 2018 'Call Of Duty' World Championship Season Kicks Off Next Month
- Someone Started A Petition To Revoke EA's License To 'Star Wars'
- Conan Exiles and Halo Wars 2 are Free to Play This Weekend on Xbox Live - October 19, 2018
- Hitman is Getting a Halloween Event Today - October 19, 2018
- Developer Says The Division 2 Can’t Be Openly Political - October 18, 2018
- PUBG Looks to be Bringing Halloween Content to the Game - October 17, 2018
- New SoulCalibur 6 Video Teaches You The Basics - October 16, 2018