The art style of Cuphead is one of its defining traits, outside of the absolutely punishing difficulty. The game’s look, which is inspired by 1930s and 40s cartoons, is instantly recognisable.
People are beginning to run with it as well. In a tribute to both Cuphead and Dark Souls, YouTube channel 64 Bit has put out a pretty dang cool animation converting bosses from From Software’s classics into the Cuphead art design. In it, you can see re-imaginings of the Gaping Dragon, Great Grey Wolf Sif, Ornstein and Smough and others. It looks really great.
Take a look for yourself here:
- Anthem Shows Off the Legion of Dawn in New Trailer - December 14, 2018
- DayZ is Now Out of Early Access and You Can Play it For Free This Weekend - December 14, 2018
- Marvel’s Spider-Man’s Final DLC Gets Release Date – Will Have Into the Spider Verse Suit - December 13, 2018
- Tony Hawk has a New Game for Mobile - December 13, 2018
- Kingdom Hearts Gets Opening Cinematic With New Skrillex Collaboration - December 10, 2018