The art style of Cuphead is one of its defining traits, outside of the absolutely punishing difficulty. The game’s look, which is inspired by 1930s and 40s cartoons, is instantly recognisable.
People are beginning to run with it as well. In a tribute to both Cuphead and Dark Souls, YouTube channel 64 Bit has put out a pretty dang cool animation converting bosses from From Software’s classics into the Cuphead art design. In it, you can see re-imaginings of the Gaping Dragon, Great Grey Wolf Sif, Ornstein and Smough and others. It looks really great.
Take a look for yourself here:
- Conan Exiles and Halo Wars 2 are Free to Play This Weekend on Xbox Live - October 19, 2018
- Hitman is Getting a Halloween Event Today - October 19, 2018
- Developer Says The Division 2 Can’t Be Openly Political - October 18, 2018
- PUBG Looks to be Bringing Halloween Content to the Game - October 17, 2018
- New SoulCalibur 6 Video Teaches You The Basics - October 16, 2018