Bleeding Cool has been receiving multiple complaints about Monsters Unleashed #8 published this week. Or, rather, certain editions of it.
People sit down and start to read the comic and get so far, with Fin Fang Foom fighting on the left with the ad for Tales of Suspense on the right…
Then you turn the page and it’s Luke Cage right where it should be — if this were the Luke issue — also out this week. And suddenly, that’s where you are reading the Luke Cage comic…
That’s the way it is, until here…
…and then after the Bonus Content ad, you get Kei and Bloodstone chatting on the right and the rest issue resumes from there for three more story pages before the “next issue” stuff.
This probably isn’t satisfactory to anyone — Monsters Unleashed or Luke Cage fans. Could it become some rare collectible? I don’t know; from my inbox, there seem to be quite a lot of such copies out there…
I’m going to get in touch with Marvel Comics and see if I can find an official solution. Tricky to do on Thanksgiving, though… so watch this space.
MONSTERS UNLEASHED #8 LEG
(W) Cullen Bunn (A) Andrea Broccardo (CA) R. B. Silva
AND LO, THERE CAME A POISON Part 2
• KID KAIJU has no idea what he’s capable of and now he’s accidentally summoned a POISON FIN FANG FOOM from another dimension.
• How can Kid Kaiju be a hero if he can’t control his powers?
• Continuing from the bombastic pages of VENOMVERSE, this issue will impact Kid Kaiju, his monsters and the Marvel Universe in ways you will never see coming.
Rated TIn Shops: Nov 22, 2017
LUKE CAGE #167 LEG
(W) David Walker (A) Guillermo Sanna (CA) Rahzzah
CAGED Part 2
• Luke Cage is back in the one place he never wanted to be.
• With his mind mangled, Luke grasps for any foothold he can find. Which is hard, as…
• This is no ordinary prison…
Rated T+In Shops: Nov 22, 2017