Sometimes it’s a sad occasion when Bleeding Cool has the opportunity to say, “pip pip.” Today is one of those occasions, as DC’s February solicitations have confirmed that Blue Beetle #18 will be the final issue of that comic.
As we reported in October, deleted tweets from writer Christopher Sebela implied that this month’s cancellation was coming. The confirmation makes Blue Beetle the second DC Rebirth title to be canceled, following October’s cancellation of Superwoman with January’s Superwoman #18.
Check out the solicit below, and see DC’s full February solicitations here.
BLUE BEETLE #18
Written by CHRIS SEBELA
Art and cover by SCOTT KOLINS
Variant cover by TYLER KIRKHAM
Retailers: This issue will ship with two covers. Please see the order form for details. Includes a code for a free digital download of this issue.
It’s chaos at Kord Industries as Jaime helps Ted install a new A.I. system, only to have it come online and seize control of the facility. Trapped inside the building, Blue Beetle is put to the ultimate test, battling a hostile entity that turns every tool in Ted Kord’s inventory into a deadly weapon. With his last school year approaching, Jaime could be taking his final exam.
On sale FEBRUARY 21 • 32 pg, FC, $3.99 US • RATED T+ • FINAL ISSUE
- On His 49th Birthday, Eisner Award-Winning Journalist and CxC Founder Wants Just One Thing: Money - December 16, 2017
- Is WWE Chairman Vince McMahon Planning to Reboot the XFL? - December 16, 2017
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi Earns $104.8M Friday, More Than Justice League Made Entire Opening Weekend - December 16, 2017
- Oscar Isaac Rumored for Gomez Addams in Animated Addams Family Reboot (Plus: Release Date) - December 16, 2017
- So, About Those Black Suit Superman Scenes in Justice League… - December 16, 2017