Italian website Fumettologica interviewed Jeff Lemire and had lots to ask him about his work, including current Image titles Descender and Royal City and Dark Horse title Black Hammer.
But also about his Marvel Comics work and how the different books… well, differed.
“Certain books like Moon Knight total freedom, they never gave me any notes and you can kinda see it in the work, it’s the best thing I did….
…. the X-Men stuff was… Kind of a nightmare, to the honest. Really difficult. I came into [it] and they already had storylines in place I had to use that I probably wouldn’t come up with myself, and I felt editorial was very restricting in what they wanted. And too many notes. And then you start second-guessing yourself. It’s just not a good situation. That wasn’t a great experience, but on the flip side, doing Moon Knight was really fun.”
- Salt Lake Comic Con Gets a New Name, the FanX Salt Lake Comic Convention - December 15, 2017
- Extended Preview of Axis & Atlas #1, the New Titan Comic That’s “a Cross Between Asterix and Bone” - December 15, 2017
- Comic Store In Your Future: Getting Rid of the Dead Shoplifters Before the Secret Shopper Arrives - December 15, 2017
- Sir Derek Jacobi to Play the Voice of God in Good Omens TV Series - December 15, 2017
- Marvel Comics Asks Retailers to Hold on to Ed Piskor’s Corner Box - December 15, 2017