Italian website Fumettologica interviewed Jeff Lemire and had lots to ask him about his work, including current Image titles Descender and Royal City and Dark Horse title Black Hammer.
But also about his Marvel Comics work and how the different books… well, differed.
“Certain books like Moon Knight total freedom, they never gave me any notes and you can kinda see it in the work, it’s the best thing I did….
…. the X-Men stuff was… Kind of a nightmare, to the honest. Really difficult. I came into [it] and they already had storylines in place I had to use that I probably wouldn’t come up with myself, and I felt editorial was very restricting in what they wanted. And too many notes. And then you start second-guessing yourself. It’s just not a good situation. That wasn’t a great experience, but on the flip side, doing Moon Knight was really fun.”
- The Weatherman #6 Gets a Cliff Chiang Cover in Time For Final Order Cut-Off - October 16, 2018
- Where In the World Has Poison Ivy Gone, DC Comics? - October 16, 2018
- Details for Amazing Comic Con Aloha’s Return to Honolulu in February - October 16, 2018
- Now the KGBeast Shoots Bruce as Mark Buckingham and Andrew Pepoy Surprise-Draw Tomorrow’s Batman #57 - October 16, 2018
- What is This Yu-Gi-Oh! Thing the Kids Go On About Anyway? – Part Two - October 16, 2018