Comichaus has been supporting indie and small press comics now for a while, but it seems that websites are not enough — they are now entering the digital comics app marketplace.
As such, they will soon be launching a beta for their new application, and they have shared this press release with us with details of the new digital comics subscription system. Check it out here:
On November 21st 2017, Comichaus will launch the beta version of their revolutionary new app, described as ‘Netflix for indie comics’.
The Comichaus app will include featured releases, new releases and ‘most read’ comics. Users will be able to stream and discover the indie comics in the Comichaus catalogue, search and filter comics by genre, creator and title, save comics to read offline and find out more about their favourite creators. Users can also review and recommend titles with the ability to share their favourites on social media.
Subscription to the app is £3 per month (or £30 per year) and 50% of advert and subscription revenue will be split with creators based on how many times their books are read.
Comichaus started life as a website to support and profile small and indie comic book creators, building a respectable database and marketplace for indie comic books. Meeting an abundance of talented creators, Comichaus launched their own comic books mere 12-months after they stepped foot onto the indie comic book scene. This comic featured an abundance of talented creators but Comichaus wanted to evolve.
The app helps raise awareness of the excellent comics Comichaus have been showcasing whilst building the creators’ profiles in order to fund future print issues. All the print issues for sale on Comichaus are also linked to the app so if a reader likes what they’ve read, they can buy a physical copy and find out more about the other comics their favourite creator has been involved in.
Comichaus founder, Pete Genepool’s passion for comics is clear:
“The creators themselves are so passionate, it is impossible to resist when you see the products everyone creates whilst still holding down day jobs and working so hard. They need to be seen by more people!”
The app will be available on both iOS and Android platforms.
- Comichaus - The Streaming App For Discovering Indie Comics
- Sizing Up Comichaus, A New Comic Book Marketplace Online
- 2017 Television Countdown #4: The Steven Universe Accidental Racism Apology - December 31, 2017
- Doomsday Clock Speculation: Is Doctor Manhattan Posing as a DC Superhero? - December 29, 2017
- Eugenic #3 Review: The Horror Ends with a Look at the Horrors of Ignorance - December 27, 2017
- Well, Does Anyone Like the ‘Jubilee is a Vampire’ Idea? - December 27, 2017
- A Major Unexpected Return in Today’s Spider-Men II #5 - December 27, 2017