Danger Girl is being made into a movie by Constantin Films, with Bolt Pictures and Prime Universe Films.
Created by superstar artist J. Scott Campbell and writer Andy Hartnell, Danger Girl is basically a cross between Tomb Raider and Charlie’s Angels. That’s about all you need to know, especially because comics created in the ’90s didn’t really have a point to them other than to release a new #1 issue and sell a bajillion copies. Constantin is looking to us the property to launch a female-led action franchise in both film and television, according to THR.
“Danger Girl is the perfect opportunity to create a team of grounded, relatable, and dangerous young female characters, but with humor and spectacular action,” said Jeremy Bolt.
No director or actors have yet been attached to the film.
- Elusive Targets Returns To 'Hitman' With New Villains
- Justice Smith Will Star In The Pokemon Detective Pikachu Film
- New Comic Publisher TKO Launches With Big Name Creators and Revolutionary Ambitions - December 10, 2018
- Barnes & Noble Gets a Retailer-Exclusive Edition of Mister Miracle - December 10, 2018
- Cyclops Goes Old School in #XMenMonday Sneak Peeks - December 10, 2018
- Another Year of Rick and Morty Presents One-Shots on the Way from Oni Press - December 10, 2018
- Best-Selling Author Gaby Dunn Makes Comics Debut with Claire Roe in Bury the Lede OGN - December 10, 2018