Today, Sega announced the latest addition to the Total War series of games with Thrones Of Britannia, under the guidance of Creative Assembly. The trailer they released this morning (which we have below) is just animation at this point, but the story behind it is both intriguing and gives great possibilities for wars and bloodshed. Below is a brief description of the game along with a quote from the series director about this new chapter.
It is 878 AD, and the Viking Invasion of Britain is over. The Norse warlords are firmly established, but the ambitious kings of England, Ireland, Scotland and Wales have aspirations of their own – not least the great King Alfred of Wessex. Britannia is a furnace of possibilities, from which the template for modern Britain will be forged, across the most detailed Total War campaign map ever made.
“Our aim with Total War Sagas is to explore key flashpoints at distinct places and times in history”, said Series Director, Mike Simpson. “Unlike our era-spanning titles, we’re putting defined geographical areas under the microscope, building super-detailed campaign maps with a strong cultural focus and flavour that players can dive into. This will complement our broader-scope titles perfectly”.
- Total War Saga: Thrones of Britannia Receives a Battling Video
- Total War Saga: Thrones of Britannia Gets a New Kingdom of Northymbre Trailer
- Sega Sets Up A Teaser Reveal For A New RPG Game
- Sega Formally Announces 'Valkyria Chronicles 4' For Console
- Warner Bros. Classics Get The Funko Mystery Mini Treatment
- Cards Against Humanity Wants To Stop Trump From Building His Wall
- Rome: Total War Collection Is Now Available On iPad
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi - New Character Bios Tease Story Details
- 'Total War: Warhammer 2' Review: Hits The Heights, But You'll Still Need The Camera Height Mod
- History Sorta Comes To Life: A Quick Review Of 'Oriental Empires'
- 'DWVR', 'Splasher', & 'Ruiner' In Video Game Releases: Sept. 26 - Oct. 2