If a cartoon exists, it seems there is some sort of live-action remake in the works nowadays — and Disney has lost one of the directors for one of their live-action adaptations. This time the director is Sam Mendes, and according to The Tracking Board, he has dropped out of Pinnochio. There doesn’t appear to be specific reason listed. Mendes was listed as in “early talks” back in May.
Mendes is one of many high-profile directors that are currently making live-action remakes of classic Disney cartoons. Jon Favreau, Tim Burton, and Guy Ritchie are all working on live-action remakes of Disney movies. Beauty and the Beast is still the top-grossing film both domestically and worldwide, so this trend isn’t going away anytime soon. As long as these movies continue to make a billion dollars, we’re going to keep getting them.
This has opened up speculation about Bond 25. Mendes directed both Skyfall and Spectre, so now everyone is wondering whether or not he’s going to come back to direct this next installment. Right now, the current rumor is that this will be the last installment for star Daniel Craig. Mendes was previously unable to commit to this movie because of other obligations, but now he has a hole in his schedule. The two things are likely not connected, but it wouldn’t be surprising if Mendes was asked to come back for one more hurrah in the Bond series.
- Mondo Soundtrack Release Of The Week: Pixar's Ratatouille
- Ryan Coogler Explains Why He Isn’t Directing Creed II - February 25, 2018
- Next 2 Avengers Films Will Pay off “Every Little Thread and Every Little Tease” - February 25, 2018
- A New Poster and Clip from A Wrinkle in Time - February 25, 2018
- Sam Rockwell Would Return to the MCU as Justin Hammer - February 25, 2018
- Deadpool 2: Zazie Beetz Says Domino and Deadpool Match “in Terms of Wit and Banter” - February 24, 2018