Proving once again that you just can’t keep a good assassin down, Hulu is bringing Hitman‘s Agent 47 back as a television series. Produced in conjunction with Fox 21 and based on the best-selling video game from IO Interactive, Deadline: Hollywood reports exclusively that a pilot script is set to be written by Derek Kolstad, creator and screenwriter of the John Wick action franchise.
Focusing on skilled and ultra-lethal assassin Agent 47 and the mysteries surrounding his origins, Hitman has logged sales of over 25 million copies since it first appeared on the video game scene in 2000. Hollywood has made two previous attempts to bring the character to the big screen — 2007’s Hitman and 2015’s Hitman: Agent 47 — but to less than spectacular results.
The new series will allow writers to expand upon the video games’s mythology, where the franchise still proves incredibly popular. Hitman, the latest installment of the game series, has sold over 7 million copies, and two additional games in the series are currently in development at IO Interactive.
Hitman will have Kolstad, Adrian Askarieh and Chuck Gordon serving as executive producers. Fox 21’s Bert Salke, Jane Francis, Gloria Fan and Kira Innes; and Hulu’s Jordan Helman will oversee production on the project.
Here’s how IO Interactive describes the most recent edition of the game series: as well as Hitman: Absolution:
Hitman – Become the Master Assassin in an intense spy-thriller story. As Agent 47, you perform contract hits on powerful, high-profile targets in exotic locations around the world. Gameplay focuses on taking out targets in huge and intricate sandbox levels with complete freedom of approach. Where to go, when to strike and who to kill – it is all up to you.
Hitman: Absolution – Hitman Absolution follows Agent 47, a cold blooded assassin, who takes on his most dangerous contract to date. Betrayed by those he trusted and hunted by the police, he finds himself at the centre of a dark conspiracy and must embark on a personal journey through a corrupt and twisted world, in his search for the truth.
- Elusive Targets Returns To 'Hitman' With New Villains
- Smallville’s Sam Witwer Joins Supergirl Season 4 as Agent Liberty - July 17, 2018
- Tales from The Loop: Amazon Studios Greenlights Sci-Fi Fantasy Series Based on Simon Stålenhag Art - July 17, 2018
- Win a Chance to Cook Up a Batch with Breaking Bad’s Bryan Cranston and Aaron Paul – For a Great Cause - July 17, 2018
- ‘The Politician’: Ryan Murphy Casts 4 More for Ben Platt/Gwyneth Paltrow Netflix Series - July 16, 2018
- Sean Penn Series ‘The First’ Gets Launch Date, First-Look Images from Hulu - July 16, 2018