This week, the plan was that the DC Comics media coverage would all be about the new Justice League movie out on Friday. With comic stores running Justice League Day on the Saturday and a reprint of Jim Lee and Geoff Johns‘s Justice League #1 from 2011’s New 52 relaunch with a new cover from Ivan Reis and Joe Prado to be given away in participating stores, for both Justice League Day and Local Comic Shop Day.
And that’s exactly what is happening, with other giveaways, promotions, signings and sales.
This includes co-publishers of DC, Dan DiDio and Jim Lee signing at Bedrock City Comics in Clear Lake, Westheimer and Washington.
Clark Lake from 12:30 – 1:30 p.m. CST
Weistheimer from 2:30 – 3:30 p.m. CST
Washington from 5.30-6.15 p.m.
That’s a busy signing and travelling schedule.
The event also includes creating a special Justice League #1 Houston Strong Variant Cover to give back to the Houston community in the aftermath of the Hurricane Harvey floods. The special edition comic book will be available at 14 Houston area comic shops for free.
Remember that when you pop by, okay?
- Dark Horse Comics Liquidates 48 Conan Collections - October 22, 2018
- Will Bunker Come to Titans TV Season 2? - October 22, 2018
- Warren Ellis Tells You What to Expect in Castlevania Season 2 From Netflix - October 22, 2018
- DC Comics’ Reboot of Books Of Magic This Week - October 22, 2018
- First Review: The Green Lantern #1 by Grant Morrison and Liam Sharp – From 2000AD to Preacher? - October 22, 2018