Earlier this week, it was reported that Disney was in talks to potentially purchase most of 21st Century Fox, excluding their news and sports divisions but including their movie divisions, including the parts that make movies based on Marvel Comics characters The X-Men and The Fantastic Four. Those talks were described as on again, off again, and they’re currently off… but the fact that someone leaked their existence could very likely be one side trying to put some pressure on the other to restart them.
In any case, while the deal might not be happening, superstar creator and living legend Sir Robert Liefeld took to Instagram to reassure Fox that they don’t need to sell when they’ve got movies based on the work of Rob Liefeld in the pipeline.
Dear Ruper, (Hi James, Hi Lachlan),
It’s your buddy Rob. Wait on any further talks until Deadpool 2 opens and does a billion. And X-Force!
This is your Star Wars franchise and you’ve only scratched the surface. Everyone on the film side has kicked it into overdrive. Watch that portfolio grow!
All the best,
It’s true, Fox has hit the Liefeld lottery once before with the first Deadpool film, based on the character created by Liefeld. If they hit it again with Deadpool 2 and once more with X-Force, it could be Fox buying Disney in the next few years.
It would behoove Fox to listen to Liefeld’s advice.
- Kingsman: The Golden Circle Gets Home Video Release In Time For Christmas
- Stephen King Fans, Grab This Soundtrack Collection While You Can
- Ghostbusters Fans, These Are The Figures You've Been Waiting For
- If You're An Evil Dead Fan, This Ashy Slashy Puppet Is A Must!
- Everything You Knew About Uncle Ben’s Death Was Wrong - December 11, 2018
- Everything You Knew About Daredevil’s Cancellation Was Wrong - December 11, 2018
- Everything You Knew About Iceman Coming Out Was Wrong? - December 11, 2018
- Simone and Baldeon’s Domino Relaunched as Domino: Hotshots Mini-Series in March - December 11, 2018
- Everything You Knew About Dark Phoenix Saga was… Hey, Stay Away From Our X-Men, Marvel! - December 11, 2018