In February, the Women’s Evolution comes to BOOM! Studios’ ongoing WWE comic, but that’s not the only storyline kicking off in WWE #14. The Empress of Tomorrow, Asuka, will also make her debut in that issue in the first of a four part story by Tini Howard and Hyeonjin Kim, and she won’t just be beating up jobbers on RAW! The story spotlights the undefeated Asuka’s rise through the ranks of NXT.
“My story follows Asuka from her debut in NXT to RAW where she is today,” said Howard. “I can’t help but love Asuka — she’s a larger-than-life character that has captivated the WWE Universe around the world.”
“Nobody is ready for Asuka — in the ring, no one can match the powerful ‘Empress of Tomorrow,'” added Kim. “It’s a thrilling experience to be able to draw her sheer force on paper. I hope the readers can feel the action.”
It will be tough without Kevin Dunn shaking the cameras vigorously with every impact, but we’ll do our best!
“It’s been a long time since we’ve seen a Superstar start their career with an undefeated streak that spanned over one hundred matches,” said BOOM! associate editor Chris Rosa. “Once Asuka’s debut on the Monday Night RAW roster was announced for TLC, it was clear the time was now to tell her story, and Tini and Hyeonjin are the perfect team to do it.”
The Women’s evolution story also starting in the issue is written by Dennis Hopeless with art by Serg Acuña, and reveals the truth behind “the groundbreaking Women’s Evolution,” taking readers behind the scenes of the rise of WWE Superstars Charlotte Flair, Sasha Banks, Becky Lynch, and Bayley. The issue features a cover by Dan Mora and variants by Adam Riches, Brent Schoonover, and Daniel Bayliss. Look for it in stores in February!
- X-Men: Bland Design – Symbiotes, Symbiotes, and More Symbiotes in Venom #162 - February 25, 2018
- X-Men: Bland Design – An Unexpected Ending in Deadpool vs. Old Man Logan #5 - February 25, 2018
- Look! In a Burger King Russian Propaganda Ad! It’s a Bird! It’s a Plane! It’s… Superman?! - February 25, 2018
- Tim Fielder Shares a Journey of Self-Publishing in Dieselfunk Dispatch - February 25, 2018
- Michael Moreci Talks Black Star Renegades, Wasted Space, and the Snyder Cut - February 25, 2018