It looks like Ike Perlmutter‘s longstanding war against Fox for owning the movie rights to the X-Men and the Fantastic Four may finally be coming to an end! According to a report from CNBC, 21st Century Fox has been in talks with Disney in recent weeks to sell most of itself, excluding a small portion of the company to focus on news and sports. That means that the deal, if it happens, would almost certainly include the company’s movie properties, including X-Men and Fantastic Four.
Stock for the company shot up in response to the news, leading to it being temporarily frozen.
— CNBC (@CNBC) November 6, 2017
The report says the talks are on again off again, and currently off again, so there’s no guarantee a deal will happen, but it’s nice to finally see a light at the end of the tunnel for fans of the Fantastic Four, whose book was canceled as a result of tensions with Fox and has yet to return, and the X-Men, whose prominence has been reduced since the hostilities between Perlmutter and Fox began.
And that’s not to mention the massive movie crossover that could now happen!
Of course, that assumes a deal goes through… and that Fox doesn’t end up selling to somebody else, in which case the whole war could start right back up again.
- X-ual Healing: Cable #157, Continuity Porn Even a New Reader Can Enjoy - May 19, 2018
- X-ual Healing: Acanti Sky-Whales, Brood-Wolves, and Flying Brood-Sharks, Oh My, in Weapon H #3 - May 19, 2018
- X-ual Healing – A Heel Turn for Weapon X in Hunt for Wolverine: The Claws of a Killer #1 - May 19, 2018
- Hasbro Trademarks the Smell of Play-Doh - May 19, 2018
- X-ual Healing: The Face of Doom in All-New Wolverine #35 - May 19, 2018