Red Sonja is returning to movie theaters for the first time since 1985’s Red Sonja starring Brigitte Nielsen and Arnold Schwarzenegger. Millennium Media and Cinelou are teaming up for the project, which Deadline claims is hoping to “fast track” a screenwriter. The plans for the movie have kicked into high gear following the success of DC’s Wonder Woman, now the highest grossing superhero origin movie of all time.
“We have been waiting for the right time for this remake, and with the success of Wonder Woman, the audience has spoken,” said producer Avi Lerner. “They want female heroes.”
Originally created by Robert E. Howard, Red Sonja has been a successful comic book property for decades, and is currently published by Dynamite Entertainment. In the current ongoing series by Amy Chu and Carlos Gomez, Sonja has been trapped in a modern day New York City, but an upcoming story arc will return her to the Hyperborean Age.
- Ahead of Ultimate Deletion, Matt Hardy Seeks Advice from Giraffe to Defeat Bray Wyatt - March 17, 2018
- Nikki Bella vs Ronda Rousey at WrestleMania 35? One Superstar Likes the Idea (and It’s Nikki Bella) - March 17, 2018
- Roman Reigns Defeats Steroid Scandal to Earn Title Shot at WrestleMania - March 17, 2018
- Joe Quesada Draws 3 Versions of Daredevil for Daredevil #600 Retailer Exclusive Variants - March 17, 2018
- Former WWE Superstar Grandmaster Sexay Badly Beaten in Hotel Room Brawl with Chase Stevens - March 17, 2018