Once upon a time, Mark Millar and Dave Gibbons put Mark Hamill in their comic, The Secret Service, as one of the many celebrities that were kidnapped as part of some kind of Atlas Shrugged end-of-the-world scenario.
It didn’t end well.
When it got turned into a movie, rather than appear as himself, Mark Hamill played the professor.
It also didn’t end well.
Could this collaboration be more fruitful? Bleeding Cool has been told that Mark Hamill will be writing an upcoming comic book for Mark Millar, an existing Millarworld title as recently bought lock, stock by Netflix for around $30 million.
But, in a twist, it won’t be Secret Service — or Kingsman. After all, Kingsman wasn’t part of the Netflix deal.
This won’t be Mark Hamill’s first comic, though. He wrote The Black Pearl with Eric Johnson, published in 2001 by Dark Horse Comics, and also for Bart Simpson’s Treehouse of Horror #7.
Expect an announcement and confirmation in the lead-up to the release of Star Wars: The Last Jedi. Starring a certain someone…
- The Aftermath of Universal FanCon’s “Postponement” - April 21, 2018
- Selling in a Showrooming World at Diamond Retailer Summit 2018 (VIDEO) - April 21, 2018
- ComiXology Bestseller List, 21st April 2018 – When My Little Pony Beats Up Weapon H - April 21, 2018
- How Much Are Those Retailer Exclusive Action Comics #1000 Covers Selling For? - April 21, 2018
- Main Street Marketing on a Shoestring Budget at Diamond Summit 2018 (VIDEO) - April 21, 2018