Harrison Ford‘s next blockbuster action production isn’t a movie. The star of Indiana Jones, Star Wars, and Blade Runner is facing off against a real life enemy: climate change deniers.
Ford received the Founders Award from Conservation International for his work with the organization over the course of several decades, and he had some harsh comments for opponents during his acceptance speech, accord to a report from THR.
“We face an unprecedented moment in this country. Today’s greatest threat is not climate change, not pollution, not flood or fire. It’s that we’ve got people in charge of important shit who don’t believe in science.”
I’m here tonight for one reason: I care deeply for the natural world. It’s not about me, it’s not about me at all, it’s about this other world we’re going to leave behind. If we don’t stop the destruction of nature, nothing else will matter. Jobs won’t matter, our economies won’t matter, our freedoms and ethics won’t matter, our children’s education and potential won’t matter, peace, prosperity. If we end the ability of a healthy natural world to sustain humanity nothing else will matter, simply said.”
Fortunately, it looks like Ford’s speech has already solved the problem, because apparently the environment is too good at the moment:
— The Hill (@thehill) November 4, 2017
Well, we’re glad that’s settled. On to Indiana Jones 5, then?
- BC Mailbag: Jason Aaron’s Thor, John Cena’s Vasectomy, And Zack Snyder’s Cut of Justice League - June 24, 2018
- David Lynch on Donald Trump: “He Could Go Down as One of the Greatest Presidents in History” - June 24, 2018
- Guardians of the Galaxy Director Vows to Resist Donald Trump Until His “Corrupt, Lying @#$ is Gone” - June 24, 2018
- X-ual Healing: Man-Groot-Thing vs. Hulkverine in Weapon H #4 - June 23, 2018
- X-ual Healing: Milking the Hunt for Wolverine in Claws of a Killer #2 - June 23, 2018