Harrison Ford‘s next blockbuster action production isn’t a movie. The star of Indiana Jones, Star Wars, and Blade Runner is facing off against a real life enemy: climate change deniers.
Ford received the Founders Award from Conservation International for his work with the organization over the course of several decades, and he had some harsh comments for opponents during his acceptance speech, accord to a report from THR.
“We face an unprecedented moment in this country. Today’s greatest threat is not climate change, not pollution, not flood or fire. It’s that we’ve got people in charge of important shit who don’t believe in science.”
I’m here tonight for one reason: I care deeply for the natural world. It’s not about me, it’s not about me at all, it’s about this other world we’re going to leave behind. If we don’t stop the destruction of nature, nothing else will matter. Jobs won’t matter, our economies won’t matter, our freedoms and ethics won’t matter, our children’s education and potential won’t matter, peace, prosperity. If we end the ability of a healthy natural world to sustain humanity nothing else will matter, simply said.”
Fortunately, it looks like Ford’s speech has already solved the problem, because apparently the environment is too good at the moment:
— The Hill (@thehill) November 4, 2017
Well, we’re glad that’s settled. On to Indiana Jones 5, then?
- Everything You Knew About Secret Empire Was Wrong - December 11, 2018
- Everything You Knew About What Wolverine Was Best At Was Wrong - December 11, 2018
- Everything You Knew About Uncle Ben’s Death Was Wrong - December 11, 2018
- Everything You Knew About Daredevil’s Cancellation Was Wrong - December 11, 2018
- Everything You Knew About Iceman Coming Out Was Wrong? - December 11, 2018