Doomsday gets a bad rap. As a life-long Superman fan, I have always appreciated the being who killed Superman. Since that fateful year of 1993, every time the big lug makes an appearance, I get excited. Personally, I feel like he is DC’s Juggernaut. He never stops coming, and that will never not be interesting. Well, except the whole Mr. Oz thing — I haven’t been enjoying that very much. But I digress.
Prime 1 Studio Doomsday Statue
Prime 1 Studio is proud to present MMDC-28: Doomsday from Superman comics series. The nameless being later to be called Doomsday was artificially created in the distant past on Krypton, long before the humanoid Kryptonian race had gained dominance over the planet. During this time period, Krypton was a violent, hellish world where only the absolute strongest of creatures could survive. Doomsday is a rampaging, seemingly mindless, murdering monster who killed Superman. He is the only one in main comics continuity to ever kill Superman and he did so simply by beating the man of steel to death.
– Size approximately 38 inches [(H)97cm (W)85cm (D)74cm]
– One (1) alternate Exclusive portrait (In Exclusive version only)
This thing is HUGE. The detail on Doomsday himself is spectacular. I do sometimes wish they would do more with him in his full green suit, but I understand. The spikes and such are awesome to sculpt and are much more interesting visually. At 38 inches tall, this thing is massive. The limited edition of 500 comes with an alternate portrait. The regular-edition size is only 800. Gotta love the Supes flag waving in the wind on the base, as well. Such an iconic image.
At $1649 for the regular edition and $1699 for the limited version, not many of us are going to be picking this one up. I would love to, though! Check out more of their offerings here while you wait for this to hit preorder.
- Riverdale: The Town That Dreaded Sundown Review
- Canadian Rockers Tegan And Sara Will Guest Star In February's Archies #5
- Hot Toys Releases First Look At Justice Leagues The Flash 1/6th Scale Figure
- Talking About Building A Wolverine Statue In Alberta, Canada With Sameer Singh
- DC Turning Aquaman Into A #RESIST Vs Trump Comic In November
- The Lesson Of Metal From DC Comics Today - Don't Marry A Superhero If You Want To Stay Remotely Human (SPOILERS)
- Batman: The Red Death Goes To Third Printing, The Devastator Goes To Second...
- Hey, I Thought Catwoman Liked Bruce Wayne... (Batman #34 SPOILERS)
- Batman: White Knight #2 Gets Very Meta Over Harley Quinn's Different Looks... (SPOILERS)
- Today's Spider-Man #234 May Be Good News For Donald Glover (SPOILERS)
- UPDATE: Robotech Site Goes Dark For The Death In Today's Robotech #4 (FULL SPOILERS)
- London, Prepare To be Sterilised In Today's Astonishing X-Men
- Ghostbusters Ecto-1 Gets The Ultimate Release From Blitzway - November 21, 2017
- Marvel Legends Ghost Rider And Black Widow Cycles Coming Soon - November 21, 2017
- Mondo Release Of The Week: Freddy’s Greatest Hits! - November 21, 2017
- Hulk Dazzles In New One:12 Collective Thor Ragnarok Figure - November 20, 2017
- Baseball Hall Of Fame Ballot For 2018 Includes Chipper Jones, Jim Thome, More - November 20, 2017