Mark Millar has revealed that he will reveal his next comic book project this weekend, and he’s also revealed who will be drawing it. Not by name, of course, but by designation: the best artist in the industry. Could it possibly be anyone other than Sir Robert Liefeld? We think not!
You have the opportunity to really shake the market up, what are some of the things you’re looking to accomplish in your first year?
Well, this first book we’re launching is coming in Spring and you’ll hear about that at the weekend. This comes out of a brand new project I’ve created in-house and I’ve asked pretty much the best artist in the industry right now if he’d like to draw the comic-book. Now that Millarworld is owned by Netflix it’s a pretty different set-up than before. I’m creating stories directly for Netflix, to be used as movies or TV shows, but some of them are going to be comic-books too following the same stories and design bibles. I’m not going to own them. I’m on-staff and this is all being done in-house, but because I love doing comics we’re taking the ones that will work great in my own traditional medium and just letting me have some fun with them. As you can imagine, all the best artists are very, very keen to work for Netflix too so I’ve really had my pick of the crop here. I’ve finished this series we’re announcing at the weekend and already on a second project. The first is a completely original piece of work, the other a sequel to one of our existing franchises people really liked a couple of years back. Both artists are people I google in my tea-breaks. You’ll smile when you see who we’ve bagged.
So to recap, Millar has already finished one series, which he will announce this weekend, featuring the best artist ever (Rob Liefeld, obvs), and he’s already at work on another one. Ok, Millar. You’ve got our attention.
We’ll be keeping an eye out for the news this weekend, and we’ll let you know. We’ve also reached out to Liefeld for comment, and will update this article (or maybe make a new one to maximize clicks) when he responds.
- At Least One Reviewer Loved Justice League, And His Name Is Jim Lee - November 19, 2017
- Justice League’s Sub-$100M Opening Is Officially The Lowest In DCEU History - November 19, 2017
- On Way Out Door, Brian Michael Bendis Takes A Parting Shot At Marvel Variant Covers - November 19, 2017
- DC-Loving Long Beach Mayor Blast Critics, Defends Zack Snyder In Self-Described Justice League Rant - November 19, 2017
- Gotham City Residents Think Someone Should Do Something About Batman In Wayne Thanksgiving SNL Sketch - November 19, 2017