In Shark Pool, players will take control of a shark who must defend its home from the greatest threat imaginable: sunbathers. Yeah, this is a weirdly pro-shark video game that also reinforces the stereotype of Great Whites as some kind of man-eating machine. As someone who absolutely loves sharks, I have absolutely no idea how to react to this game with anything but skeptical amusement. The game’s official description does not help:
Meet Shark Zuckerberg: gregarious, intellectual … and also a Great White. Zuckerberg has made his home in a cave off pristine ocean waters, but he’s suddenly faced with a thorny problem. It turns out that humans of the “previously alive” variety also like the location – and having built a swimming pool, are floating about … uninvited.
To defend Zuckerberg’s home, you’ll not only have to aim the Great White at the targets but also calculate which path will incur the most damage! Projectiles will then bounce from foe to foe … and won’t stop until they’re out of bounds. With enemies coming from all sides (and moving inward toward the cave), you’ll need to have perfect aim to take down as many sunbathers as possible in one go. As you progress, you’ll earn multiplying power-ups that will unleash a multitude of fellow sharks on those fleshy invaders. Remember Shark Zuckerberg’s motto: Take down the human scourge … or die trying!
“Remember those 15 Great White sharks spotted off the Southern California coast? We sure do, and they were actually the inspiration for Shark Pool,” says Ashray Urs, co-founder of AK Arts.
“After spending way too much of our time playing a popular mobile game, we needed something more challenging to keep us entertained day in, day out,” adds Kyle Gorlick, co-founder of AK Arts. “The answer to our ennui was Shark Pool – an arcade-style feeding frenzy that’s nearly-impossible to put down.”
- Take control of an adorable (yet terrifying) ricocheting, multiplying shark and chomp down uninvited visitors.
- Experience fast-paced arcade-style gameplay with intuitive bounce mechanics.
- Rack up huge high scores to make your mark on the leaderboards.
- Earn achievements by completing additional challenges in every playthrough.
- Enjoy humorous, vibrant 2D graphics.
- Get into the Halloween spirit: Classic horror monsters and objects.
- Different Halloween themes: Enjoy various themed pool designs as you increase your score.
- Cobwebs and skulls galore: Now with themed menus and spooky notifications.
- Eerie sounds: Fend off a groaning zombie, wailing ghost, howling werewolf, and more!
- Switch between versions: Toggle between the Halloween and standard versions easily!
You can watch the spooktacular Halloween trailer below.