Last week, Bleeding Cool ran the hot rumour that ReedPOP, a subsidiary of the massive Reed Expo, and organiser of dozens of comic con and comic con-related sows around the world, was getting into bed with MCM Expo, the organiser of over a dozen comic cons in the UK and the rest of Europe.
We had previously reported on potential talks between MCM and Comic-Con International, who organise San Diego Comic-Con and WonderCon. But it seems to have come down on ReedPOP, organisers of New York Comic Con, ECCC, C2E2 and many more.
Since then, no one has tried to roll back the story, and there’s only been confirmation from other sources. I am told to expect some kind of official announcement on Monday now. With people using words like “excited”, “partnership”, “going forward”, who knows — maybe you’ll get lucky and get a “hands across the ocean” mention.
The next MCM London Comic Con is next weekend, running from Friday to Sunday, and I’ll be attending for Bleeding Cool. I hope to have discussions with MCM representatives — and anyone from ReedPOP who may have popped over for the occasion.
And with Marvel Studios attending for the first time (as opposed to Marvel UK, who is always there) as well as cast and producers of Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy unveiling a new episode, it’s going to be a long week for me…
- Martin Rowson to Adapt Karl Marx’s Communist Manifesto as a Graphic Novel, and More from SelfMadeHero in 2018 - January 19, 2018
- All 3 Marvel Comics Nominated for GLAAD Awards Have Been Cancelled - January 19, 2018
- Marvel Comics Signs Kelly Thompson as an Exclusive Creator - January 19, 2018
- Nancy Silberkleit Now Distributing Her Own Archie Comic, Featuring Scarlet, One Copy at a Time - January 19, 2018
- Sitcomics Challenges Diamond with 64-Page $3.99 Comics – and a 20-Page Preview of Start-Up #1 - January 19, 2018