Last week, Bleeding Cool ran the hot rumour that ReedPOP, a subsidiary of the massive Reed Expo, and organiser of dozens of comic con and comic con-related sows around the world, was getting into bed with MCM Expo, the organiser of over a dozen comic cons in the UK and the rest of Europe.
We had previously reported on potential talks between MCM and Comic-Con International, who organise San Diego Comic-Con and WonderCon. But it seems to have come down on ReedPOP, organisers of New York Comic Con, ECCC, C2E2 and many more.
Since then, no one has tried to roll back the story, and there’s only been confirmation from other sources. I am told to expect some kind of official announcement on Monday now. With people using words like “excited”, “partnership”, “going forward”, who knows — maybe you’ll get lucky and get a “hands across the ocean” mention.
The next MCM London Comic Con is next weekend, running from Friday to Sunday, and I’ll be attending for Bleeding Cool. I hope to have discussions with MCM representatives — and anyone from ReedPOP who may have popped over for the occasion.
And with Marvel Studios attending for the first time (as opposed to Marvel UK, who is always there) as well as cast and producers of Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy unveiling a new episode, it’s going to be a long week for me…
- Leaked Minor Details From Doomsday Clock #1 (SPOILERS) - November 18, 2017
- Warner Bros CEO Kevin Tsujihara Under Spotlight Over Justice League Reception - November 18, 2017
- Gamifying Comics: The Making Of Cartooner - November 18, 2017
- Does This List Set Out Which Justice League Scenes Were Whedon And Which Were Snyder? [SPOILERS] - November 18, 2017
- 25 Years Ago Today, Superman Died At The Hands Of Doomsday – Three Days Later Will He Rise Again In Doomsday Clock? - November 18, 2017