The Unwritten was a DC/Vertigo comic created by Mike Carey and Peter Gross inspired by the son of A.A. Milne, Christopher Milne, who could never escape the legacy of Christopher Robin. The comic followed the life or one Tom Taylor, the inspiration for a series of hugely successful children’s fantasy novels in the vein of Harry Potter. The series dealt with themes related to fame, celebrity, and the relationship between fiction and human consciousness.
Tom Taylor’s father Wilson Taylor disappears after writing books about a wizard kid called Tom Taylor, and Tom finds himself living a life that is not his, surviving on appearance fees at comic conventions. That is, until the fictional starts to bleeding through to reality, the villains of the book start to attack, and Tom discovers that he may actually be a fictional construct.
Book Two, though still available on Amazon, has been cancelled from DC Comics, and not listed as something that will be resolicited. If you were waiting…
Looks like you might have to wait until they make it into a TV show or movie.
- Hellboy on Front of San Diego Comic-Con 2018 Events Guide for 25th Anniversary - June 24, 2018
- A Barrage of Amazing Spider-Man #1 Covers for Volume 5 - June 24, 2018
- Lying In The Gutters – 24th June 2018 – A Week of Giant-Sized Stories - June 24, 2018
- Jamal Campbell Draws His Rob Liefeldest Ever for Amazing Spider-Man #1 Stadium Comics Variant - June 24, 2018
- Why Are The English Even More Insufferable Today? - June 24, 2018