Capcom threw fans a little bit of a curveball this weekend as they introduced the final DLC character for Street Fighter V’s season in Zeku. Who is Zeku, you may ask? His character origins go all the way back to Street Fighter Alpha II, where he was basically an unplayable character. For real, he was just background character filler for Guy’s storyline, one of the most uninteresting characters (both in name and background) in all of Capcom’s history, and that’s saying something. As for Zeku, he’s an ever-changing ninja who serves as a master to many a pupil, and that alone makes him ten times more interesting.
Here’s a brief character bio from Capcom to go with the official reveal trailer below, as you can see he doesn’t really play like most of the characters on the roster with about medium speed and power and some flashy moves. I especially love the quick moment where he stands on your head as a momentary taunt before hitting you. Zeku will be available for download on October 24th.
“First seen in Street Fighter Alpha II, Zeku was Guy’s former teacher, who taught him to master Bushinryu, a style of ninjutsu. Eventually, Guy was able to obtain the title of 39th Master of Bushinryu. Zeku then disappeared and was never seen again…until now! Zeku has reappeared looking to start his own ninja group and find a new fighting style.”
- Capcom Shows Off New Oddball Skins For 'Street Fighter V'
- 'Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney' Gets A Release Date With New Trailer
- Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition Is Coming To PS4 And PC
- Capcom Bringing In New 'Street Fighter V' Skins For Halloween
- Can You Make Esports Relatable? We Explore The Possibilities In 'Good Game'
- Capcom Reveals Menat As The Latest 'Street Fighter V' Character
- Capcom Planning To Boost Support For Nintendo Switch Titles
- Where Do I Put All This Steam? We Review WD’s My Passport Ultra - April 20, 2018
- The Legend Of Bum-Bo is Getting a Proper Release in 2018 - April 20, 2018
- PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds Next Map is Getting a Cave Network - April 20, 2018
- More Call Of Duty: Black Ops 4 Rumors Say Game Will Be Like Overwatch - April 20, 2018
- Xbox Insiders Getting a Preview of the May Update Now - April 20, 2018