Move over, Rick Blaine! A new all-time movie legend has joined the ranks of Hollywood icons immortalized in the Criterion Collection, and he’s wearing a pair of sweet ass fingerless gloves. That’s right, we’re talking about John Bender and the rest of the unlikely detention buddies in John Hughes‘ 1985 classic, The Breakfast Club.
Founded in 1984, The Criterion Collection bills itself as “a continuing series of important classic and contemporary films” which is “dedicated to gathering the greatest films from around the world and publishing them in editions that offer the highest technical quality and award-winning, original supplements.” The Breakfast Club will be included in Criterion’s January 2018 titles, as announced by the Criterion Collection twitter account:
— Criterion Collection (@Criterion) October 16, 2017
We here at Bleeding Cool understand that you, the reader, are likely overflowing with questions prompted by this startling revelation. First and foremost: “The Criterion Collection is still a thing?” and followed close behind by “The Breakfast Club wasn’t already in it?” The answer to both questions is, shockingly, “yes.”
Joining The Breakfast Club in October, November, December, and January are a bunch of films overshadowed by The Breakfast Club’s greatness, such as I, Daniel Blake, Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me, Barry Lyndon, and Jabberwocky. You can see the full list at Criterion’s website.
- Watch: Never Before Seen Deleted Scene From The Breakfast Club
- Picard Gets His Due With New Figure From QMx
- WWE Gets Even More Funko Pops. Say Hello To The Bad Guy!
- NBA Kickoff: When The Outcome Seems The Same, Why Watch?
- Triple H Defends WWE’s Relationship with Saudi Arabia, Hopes Women Can Wrestle in Country in a Few Years - April 24, 2018
- Will Smith’s Genie is “a Little Bit Hitch, a Little Fresh Prince, and a Whole Lot of Attitude” - April 24, 2018
- Spoilers Revealed in New Avengers: Infinity War Clip at #CinemaCon2018 - April 24, 2018
- NATO President on Millennials Killing Movies: It’s a Complete Myth [#CinemaCon2018] - April 24, 2018
- Zack Ryder Injured Thanks to Trying Too Hard in WWE Main Event Match; Will Miss Greatest Royal Rumble - April 24, 2018