Justice League won’t hit theaters until November 17, and Aquaman’s release date is more than a year after that. But that hasn’t stopped star Jason Momoa from blatantly spoiling the ending to Aquaman in a recent magazine interview.
Momoa was speaking with SFX Magazine, whose initials we presume stand for Spoilers to the Freaking Xtreme!!!, when he dropped a massive spoiler. Comic Book Movie has the quote:
Aquaman, he’s not even really Aquaman yet. He’s not the King of the Seven Seas. We don’t really get there until my solo movie, at the end. Really, it’s a huge growth for me. It’s a gigantic arc for Arthur Curry. It may be tough for a lot of fans to watch what they’re gonna see, how I portray him. But you gotta wait until we get to the solo movie to really know. Because he’s not King yet.
He doesn’t believe in himself, he doesn’t know what to do with the powers he has. He’s going through tons of loss. He hates Atlanteans. The fact that people are calling him ‘Aquaman’ right now – he couldn’t give two shits about anything Atlantean. So he’s really not quite there yet.
We gotta figure out the origin, where we’re going. Some people will be like, “This isn’t my Aquaman.” But we’re not there yet.
So now that we know that Aquaman will end with Aquaman becoming King of the Seven Seas, is there really any point to even watching Justice League or Aquaman? Thanks a lot, Jason Momoa. Give us a spoiler alert next time!
- Isaac Larian Seeks $800 Million in Crowdfunding to Save Toys R Us - March 22, 2018
- Fanboy Wrampage: Podcast One Drops Vince Russo Amidst Feud with Wrestling Journalists - March 22, 2018
- Sex, Violence, and X-Force in the New Deadpool 2 Trailer - March 22, 2018
- Bruce Lee Returns to Darby Pop for All-Ages ‘Walk of the Dragon’ - March 21, 2018
- Dark Horse to Collect Jennie Wood and Jeff McComsey’s Flutter in 1 Volume This October - March 21, 2018