Justice League won’t hit theaters until November 17, and Aquaman’s release date is more than a year after that. But that hasn’t stopped star Jason Momoa from blatantly spoiling the ending to Aquaman in a recent magazine interview.
Momoa was speaking with SFX Magazine, whose initials we presume stand for Spoilers to the Freaking Xtreme!!!, when he dropped a massive spoiler. Comic Book Movie has the quote:
Aquaman, he’s not even really Aquaman yet. He’s not the King of the Seven Seas. We don’t really get there until my solo movie, at the end. Really, it’s a huge growth for me. It’s a gigantic arc for Arthur Curry. It may be tough for a lot of fans to watch what they’re gonna see, how I portray him. But you gotta wait until we get to the solo movie to really know. Because he’s not King yet.
He doesn’t believe in himself, he doesn’t know what to do with the powers he has. He’s going through tons of loss. He hates Atlanteans. The fact that people are calling him ‘Aquaman’ right now – he couldn’t give two shits about anything Atlantean. So he’s really not quite there yet.
We gotta figure out the origin, where we’re going. Some people will be like, “This isn’t my Aquaman.” But we’re not there yet.
So now that we know that Aquaman will end with Aquaman becoming King of the Seven Seas, is there really any point to even watching Justice League or Aquaman? Thanks a lot, Jason Momoa. Give us a spoiler alert next time!
- At Least One Reviewer Loved Justice League, And His Name Is Jim Lee - November 19, 2017
- Justice League’s Sub-$100M Opening Is Officially The Lowest In DCEU History - November 19, 2017
- On Way Out Door, Brian Michael Bendis Takes A Parting Shot At Marvel Variant Covers - November 19, 2017
- DC-Loving Long Beach Mayor Blast Critics, Defends Zack Snyder In Self-Described Justice League Rant - November 19, 2017
- Gotham City Residents Think Someone Should Do Something About Batman In Wayne Thanksgiving SNL Sketch - November 19, 2017