Yesterday saw the release of Dark Nights: Metal #3 by Scott Snyder, Greg Capullo, Jonathan Glapion, and FCO Plascencia by DC Comics. But even when it’s been printed, sometimes folks just can’t let go. The printed version, and that appearing in early digital versions, had this as Page 7.
But I understand that it has now been changed for digital and will appear like this on subsequent printings of the comic book. That seems to recognise more of the Doomsdayed version of Batman, The Devastator, one of the Dark Knights sent by Barbatos to, well, kick things off. And why the major change? Sensitivities about a topical incident? A bad joke now thought through and changed so as not to offend? Something about Harvey Weinstein? No.
So it’s so Scott Snyder can make another Heavy Metal music-related joke.
Everybody get down…
DARK NIGHTS: METAL #3
(W) Scott Snyder (A/CA) Greg Capullo, Jonathan Glapion
Superman is pulled into the mystery of the Dark Multiverse while the Justice League follows the trail to a weapon that could keep the forces of the Dark Multiverse at bay!In Shops: Oct 11, 2017
- 10 Books from DC Comics Go to Multiple Printings – Mostly Metal - December 13, 2017
- Iron Maiden Meltdown Comics Exclusive: Legacy of the Beast Signing Tonight - December 13, 2017
- Dispute Over Albert Uderzo’s Artwork Sees Original Art Removed from Auction House - December 13, 2017
- Spencer Simpson Joins Boom Studios from Fried Pie Comics, and Other Promotions at the Publisher - December 13, 2017
- Archie Comics and the Million-Dollar Printing Debt - December 13, 2017