Yesterday saw the release of Dark Nights: Metal #3 by Scott Snyder, Greg Capullo, Jonathan Glapion, and FCO Plascencia by DC Comics. But even when it’s been printed, sometimes folks just can’t let go. The printed version, and that appearing in early digital versions, had this as Page 7.
But I understand that it has now been changed for digital and will appear like this on subsequent printings of the comic book. That seems to recognise more of the Doomsdayed version of Batman, The Devastator, one of the Dark Knights sent by Barbatos to, well, kick things off. And why the major change? Sensitivities about a topical incident? A bad joke now thought through and changed so as not to offend? Something about Harvey Weinstein? No.
So it’s so Scott Snyder can make another Heavy Metal music-related joke.
Everybody get down…
DARK NIGHTS: METAL #3
(W) Scott Snyder (A/CA) Greg Capullo, Jonathan Glapion
Superman is pulled into the mystery of the Dark Multiverse while the Justice League follows the trail to a weapon that could keep the forces of the Dark Multiverse at bay!In Shops: Oct 11, 2017
- Marvel Comics Editor Job Swap? Jordan White on X-Men, Mark Paniccia on Star Wars - March 20, 2018
- Marvel Comics Finally Publishes Dazzler One-Shot as Dazzler: X-Song - March 19, 2018
- Watch: Steven Spielberg Introduces Ready Player One to London IMAX Audience (VIDEO) - March 19, 2018
- The Full DC Comics Catalog for May 2018 + Solicits – Preludes and Weddings - March 19, 2018
- Batman’s Plan for Harley Quinn and Poison Ivy in This Week’s Batman #43 - March 19, 2018