Ice Cream Man is a new comic book from Image Comics out in January. By W. Maxwell Prince (One Week In The Library, The Electric Sublime), Martín Morazzo (Snowfall, Great Pacific, The Electric Sublime) and Chris O’Halloran (Generation Gone, Black Panther), Ice Cream Man is part of a series of one-shots arriving this January.
Gather round the neighborhood ice cream truck for these tales of sorrow, wonder, and redemption. Each installment features its own cast of strange characters, dealing with their own special sundae of suffering. And on the periphery of all of them, like the twinkly music of his colorful truck, is the Ice Cream Man—a weaver of stories, a purveyor of sweet treats. Friend. Foe. God. Demon. The man who, with a snap of his fingers—lickety split!—can change the course of your life forever.
“I’m jazzed to be working with Martín and Chris to bring folks these odd little stories about broken people and their complicated interior lives,” said Prince. “With any luck, there’s something yummy here for all stripes of reader, no matter their tastes.”
“ICE CREAM MAN is unlike anything I’ve worked on before!” said Morazzo. “The stories we’re telling, tales of everyday people dealing with extreme situations—always with a dark twist—are rarely seen in comics these days.”
Chocolate, vanilla, existential horror, drug addiction, musical fantasy…there’s a flavor for everyone’s misery.
Ice Cream Man #1, with covers by Morazzo, O’Halloran, and Frazer Irving, will be out on January 17th, 2018.
- Glitchwatch on Amazon Kindle DC Super Hero Girls: Out of the Bottle - July 18, 2018
- WonderCon Statistics at San Diego Comic-Con 2018 - July 18, 2018
- Deadpool Toilet Seat Covers from SDCC Hotels Are Being Sold for $40 Each on eBay - July 18, 2018
- Joshua Middleton’s Cover to Batgirl #25 as Tom Derenick Joins the Team - July 18, 2018
- Doomsday Clock #1 Goes to Fourth Printing, #2 to Third, and Titans #23 to Second - July 18, 2018