Ice Cream Man is a new comic book from Image Comics out in January. By W. Maxwell Prince (One Week In The Library, The Electric Sublime), Martín Morazzo (Snowfall, Great Pacific, The Electric Sublime) and Chris O’Halloran (Generation Gone, Black Panther), Ice Cream Man is part of a series of one-shots arriving this January.
Gather round the neighborhood ice cream truck for these tales of sorrow, wonder, and redemption. Each installment features its own cast of strange characters, dealing with their own special sundae of suffering. And on the periphery of all of them, like the twinkly music of his colorful truck, is the Ice Cream Man—a weaver of stories, a purveyor of sweet treats. Friend. Foe. God. Demon. The man who, with a snap of his fingers—lickety split!—can change the course of your life forever.
“I’m jazzed to be working with Martín and Chris to bring folks these odd little stories about broken people and their complicated interior lives,” said Prince. “With any luck, there’s something yummy here for all stripes of reader, no matter their tastes.”
“ICE CREAM MAN is unlike anything I’ve worked on before!” said Morazzo. “The stories we’re telling, tales of everyday people dealing with extreme situations—always with a dark twist—are rarely seen in comics these days.”
Chocolate, vanilla, existential horror, drug addiction, musical fantasy…there’s a flavor for everyone’s misery.
Ice Cream Man #1, with covers by Morazzo, O’Halloran, and Frazer Irving, will be out on January 17th, 2018.
- 10 Books from DC Comics Go to Multiple Printings – Mostly Metal - December 13, 2017
- Iron Maiden Meltdown Comics Exclusive: Legacy of the Beast Signing Tonight - December 13, 2017
- Dispute Over Albert Uderzo’s Artwork Sees Original Art Removed from Auction House - December 13, 2017
- Spencer Simpson Joins Boom Studios from Fried Pie Comics, and Other Promotions at the Publisher - December 13, 2017
- Archie Comics and the Million-Dollar Printing Debt - December 13, 2017