Currently everyone is falling over themselves for the Applebee’s $1 margaritas (which taste like they are indeed $1 margaritas), but let me tell you about their current Halloween-themed drinks.
After a long convention season, it was time to unwind with my boyfriend. To be fair, coming here wasn’t his idea. I actually did want to try the $1 margarita. But when we saw this on our table, we knew what we had to do. We ordered Dracula’s Juice, Strawberry Morgue-A-Rita, and the Boo Lagoon.
We started with the Strawberry Morgue-A-Rita and Dracula’s Juice. The SMAR is mixed with Sauza Blue, Grand Marnier, strawberry, and lime juice. It tasted like a strawberry exploded in my mouth, but I love strawberries, so I can’t complain. The problem is, this drink is deceptive. The alcohol is not overpowering, so it would be easy to knock a few of these back, and that’s probably a bad idea.
Dracula’s Juice is mixed with Bacardi Superior rum, Dekuyper Razzmatazz, frozen lemonade, and blackberries. I wasn’t a big fan. The alcohol was overpowering, and the fruit didn’t work for me. It wasn’t too sweet, but I was expecting it to be.
The Boo Lagoon, while visually awesome, was a little harder to drink. Bacardi Superior rum, Dekuyper Blue Curacao, orange and lime juice, cherries, and a pomegranate sugar rim make up this strong drink. Thankfully we split this one, since I wasn’t a big fan of it. The drinks range around $6-7, so they’re not terrible pricey. Cheers, spooky kids!
- Disney’s Hitchhiking Ghost Tiki Mugs Are Ghoulishly Delightful! - October 22, 2017
- Nerd Home: Sailor Moon Wax Melts From Starlit Creations! - October 20, 2017
- Nerd Food: Is Pillsbury’s Halloween Funfetti Cake Mix Any Good? - October 20, 2017
- Lauren Looks Back: Sounds Of Terror! For Halloween - October 20, 2017
- Craft Beer And More At BaseLine Tap House Inside Disney’s Hollywood Studios - October 20, 2017