A few weeks ago, Bleeding Cool suggested we had an idea of who the new member of the Guardians of the Galaxy is, teased as CLASSIFIED:
ALL NEW GUARDIANS OF GALAXY #12
(W) Gerry Duggan (A/CA) Rod Reis
• The Guardians return to Earth in the aftermath of Secret Empire and take the opportunity to bend the ear of several big guns regarding their newest quest…
• And they leave with A NEW TEAM MEMBER! Who will be the all-newest Guardian of the Galaxy?!
Rated T+ In Shops: Oct 18, 2017 SRP: $3.99
Then as they all jumped into Nova Corps suits. And it was especially helped by Marvel running a cover which gave a pretty good indication of who it was of the subsequent issue, out in November.
Then removing it.
Then running another cover in which you had to squint at Man-Thing’s shoulder.
And then running the original cover as a house ad last week. Possibly earlier than they intended.
But even if it is Ant Man, which one? There’s the merged-with-Ultron Hank Pym, there’s his replacement and lead for the movie, Scott Lang, a petty criminal with a heart of gold. Then there’s Eric O’Grady, a corrupt SHIELD agent with a heart of lead, recently being the Black Ant on the side of Hydra in Secret Empire.
Which Ant Man would join the Guardians of the Galaxy? Well, spoilers, Bleeding Cool can exclusively tell you.
It is indeed Scott Lang. So the movie-familiar version of Ant-Man is joining the movie-familiar version of the Guardians of the Galaxy.
Not that he is leaving the legacy of Hank Pym behind him? Because out in space? Ultron. Ultrons. So they get the movie-familiar bad guy from Ultron. And indeed, I can’t help feeling this is all leading into whatever tie-in event Marvel is planning for Infinity War…
After all, Scott Lang and the Guardians of the Galaxy will both be in the movie of that. Makes sense.
And you know what this titbit deserves? A green light!
Yes, we’ve been bringing them back…
- Comic Store In Your Future – Be Thankful For My Little Pony - November 23, 2017
- Would You Like Your Monsters Unleashed #8 Mixed With A Little Luke Cage #167? - November 23, 2017
- Vault Comics Launches Return Of The Graveyard Gang By Eliot Rahal And Felipe Cunha In February 2018 Solicits - November 23, 2017
- Zenescope Launches Philadelphia Superhero Series, The Musketeers, In February 2018 Solicits - November 23, 2017
- Another 200 Graphic Novels And TPBs Liquidated By DC Comics To Retailers – G To W - November 23, 2017