The CW Seed’s animated series are an interesting thing. They are part of the overall CW Arrowverse and allows the network to explore some characters outside of giving them their own series or trying to wedge them into one of the other four. With Vixen, they were able to establish the origin of the character and connect her to the universe before bringing her on to the live action. Now another version of her is a regular on Legends of Tomorrow. The Freedom Fighters: The Ray series looks to be connected to this years Crisis on Earth-X crossover and the upcoming Constantine series picks up from his appearance on Arrow.
Matt Ryan reprises the role of John Constantine, master of the mystic arts, and the first look below is pretty intense. The language and violence is a little more than you get on any of the CW series, something else they can do in an animated series — along with some pretty horrific looking demons that would blow a live action budget all to hell. This isn’t exactly the same Constantine that we saw on the NBC series, so we’ll have to wait to see just what the differences are or if any of his friends from that series make an appearance.
Earlier this year, producers said they were hoping to get Ryan for an episode of Legends of Tomorrow in this upcoming third season, but it would depend on scheduling. Now there are rumors/reports that it will be happening. Fans have really embraced Ryan’s portrayal of Constantine.
No released date has been set for the series, but it’s expected to be in 2018.
- Supernatural Season 13: Things are Going to Get Rough for Sam - March 22, 2018
- Agents of SHIELD Season 5: Will We Learn Who Destroyed the World? - March 22, 2018
- Arrow Season 6: Stephen Amell and Marc Guggenheim Drop Some Teasers - March 22, 2018
- Agents of SHIELD Adds Reign’s Craig Parker as a Galactic Trader - March 22, 2018
- Jerry O’Connell Cast as Sheldon’s Brother on The Big Bang Theory - March 22, 2018