The Castle Rock panel is happening at New York Comic Con as we speak, and Bleeding Cool ace television reporter Ray Flook is on the scene sending us plot-heavy breaking news. Or a better way to put that might be “Flooks was here,” as the plot details Flook is sending us are all about Shawshank prison, of Shawshank Redemption fame.
In the pre-panel press conference, producers Sam Shaw and Dustin Thomason promised that the location would be an “integral” part of the story for the show’s first season. In a video shown at the beginning of the panel, a sinking car with a Shawshank sticker was the final shot. And at the panel itself, we got the meaty details: Attorney Henry (Andre Holland) is brought back to Castle Rock after some time away to get to the bottom of a mysterious crime at Shawshank. Bill Skarsgard‘s character (still not named) is a prisoner in Shawshank who is directly involved in Henry’s case.
So that’s the premise of Season 1, but as we learned earlier, the entire show will get a new lead cast and new storyline for Season 2. Check back later for a full panel report.
- Lip Sync Battle Loss to Triple H and Stephanie McMahon Forces Jimmy Fallon to Appear at WWE Raw 25 - January 19, 2018
- EXCLUSSSIVE: Are These Script Excerpts from the First Draft of Brian Michael Bendis’s Action Comics #1000 Story? - January 19, 2018
- Abnett and Culbard’s Wild’s End Returns to BOOM! for Journey’s End OGN - January 19, 2018
- Superman Finally Gets His Red Underwear Back in Action Comics #1000 - January 19, 2018
- Justice League Blu-Ray to Contain Bonus Scenes, Keeping Hope Alive for Snyder Cut - January 19, 2018