In a new featurette for the upcoming Thor: Ragnarok film, Cate Blanchett, Chris Hemsworth and director Taika Waititi talk about the Goddes of Death herself, Hela.
Blanchett talks about how much fun she has had playing the role. Waititi points out that she is the first female villain they’ve had in the Marvel Cinematic Universe (at least main big bad villain). Hemsworth talks about how excited he was to see what Blanchett was going to do with the character. He says that Hela has an insane, off kilter attitude. Blanchett talks about how the best villains are the ones you love and hate, and that you understand why the do what they do. There’s a logic to it. Waititi says Hela just wants to come home, be accepted, and wants what’s hers.
Blanchett says that some of her best times on set were beating people up: “Oh, good, I don’t have to talk today, just throw axes into someones guts.”
The featurette includes some new footage, too. One of the scenes has Thor (with short hair, so post-Grandmaster arena) sitting on the throne and telling Hela he wishes someone else could rule, but not her… because she’s the worst.
Thor: Ragnarok opens November 3rd.
- Thor: Ragnarok Red Carpet Premiere Gallery
- The Last Jedi Final Trailer And Tickets Drop Tomorrow During Monday Night Football
- Represent: The Rise Of Characters Of Color In Sci-Fi And Fantasy
- 5 Things We Want to See in Krypton Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Gotham Season 5, the Final Season - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Black Lightning Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in DC’s Legends of Tomorrow Season 4 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Supergirl Season 4 - June 30, 2018