At the Doomsday Clock panel at New York Comic Con, DC Chief Creative Officer and writer of Doomsday Clock, Geoff “Jeff” Johns, wanted everyone to understand one thing about Doomsday Clock: it’s not a super-mega-crossover event.
“No Crossovers,” Johns told the stunned crowd. “Not an event, no one shots, not an issue of Action Comics with Doctor Manhattan talking and fighting with Bizarro and Superman. I wanted Gary [Frank] to draw every frame of this story and I wanted to write every panel and every line of dialog.”
Traditional comic book wisdom says the only point of big stories like Doomsday Clock is as an attempt to boost sales of other comics through endless crossovers and tie-ins. But Johns is defying that wisdom.
“The only thing you have to have read beyond this story is Watchmen. You don’t have to read Rebirth to understand Doomsday Clock,” Johns promised, though he did say you should know who Batman and Superman are.
Doomsday Clock #1 hits stores on November 22.
- Doomsday Clock Is Set On The Weekend Of The Release Of The Death Of Superman #75
- Superman Won't Be A Nazi In Doomsday Clock, Promises Snarky Geoff Johns
- All The Fully Lettered Pages Of The Doomsday Clock Ashcan, Right Here, Right Now
- Rorschach Returns In Doomsday Clock
- See The First Six (Unlettered) Pages Of Doomsday Clock From NYCC
- Get in the Holiday Spirit with a First Look at Klaus and the Crying Snowman - November 14, 2018
- Top Cow is Selling a Sci-Fi & Sex Humble Bundle to Benefit California Wildfire Victims - November 14, 2018
- Adventures of Sabrina: Chilling No More? - November 14, 2018
- X-Men Writers: People Are Going to Be Surprised By the Death Count - November 14, 2018
- Old Man Rousey Still Yelling at Clouds; Becky Lynch Responds - November 14, 2018