Ever since Mark Doyle took over as Executive Editor of Vertigo and Young Animal as part of a DC editorial shakeup, we’ve known that DC had to be looking to breathe some new life into the imprint they’ve been mostly ignoring for the past few years. And when Vertigo released a sizzle reel at San Diego Comic Con teasing something big for August 8, 2018 to celebrate the imprint’s 25th anniversary, and when that sizzle reel appeared to feature new Sandman, Death, and Invisibles art, that pretty much sealed the deal that we could expect something big on the horizon.
— Vertigo Comics (@vertigo_comics) July 21, 2017
Today at the DC Meet the Publishers panel at New York Comic Con, Doyle revealed that the imprint was getting a line wide relaunch in August 2018, with big name creators who are remaining nameless for now. Oh, and only one of them has worked with Vertigo before. Start your speculation now, folks.
Bleeding Cool ace reporter Hugh Sheridan is on the ground at New York Comic Con and will be reporting back with more details from the DC Meet The Publishers Panel later today.
- Trish Stratus Returns for Evolution Dream Match Against Alexa Bliss - August 19, 2018
- Celestial Judgement is Upon the Marvel Universe, Plus Previews for All of Marvel’s 8/22 Releases - August 18, 2018
- Storm Tempted by the Dark Side in Previews for All of Next Week’s X-Men Comics - August 18, 2018
- Lumberjanes, Amazing World of Gumball, and More in All of BOOM!’s 8/22 Previews - August 18, 2018
- Tonight There’s Gonna Be a Mermin Jailbreak in Oni Previews for 8/28 - August 18, 2018