Ever since Mark Doyle took over as Executive Editor of Vertigo and Young Animal as part of a DC editorial shakeup, we’ve known that DC had to be looking to breathe some new life into the imprint they’ve been mostly ignoring for the past few years. And when Vertigo released a sizzle reel at San Diego Comic Con teasing something big for August 8, 2018 to celebrate the imprint’s 25th anniversary, and when that sizzle reel appeared to feature new Sandman, Death, and Invisibles art, that pretty much sealed the deal that we could expect something big on the horizon.
— DC Vertigo (@vertigo_comics) July 21, 2017
Today at the DC Meet the Publishers panel at New York Comic Con, Doyle revealed that the imprint was getting a line wide relaunch in August 2018, with big name creators who are remaining nameless for now. Oh, and only one of them has worked with Vertigo before. Start your speculation now, folks.
Bleeding Cool ace reporter Hugh Sheridan is on the ground at New York Comic Con and will be reporting back with more details from the DC Meet The Publishers Panel later today.
- Of Course Reed Richards is to Blame… Next Week’s Marvel Knights 20th #4 - December 15, 2018
- Somebody Needs a Snickers in Next Week’s Iceman #4 - December 15, 2018
- Kate Bishop Refuses to Die in Canada in Next Week’s Old Man Hawkeye Finale - December 15, 2018
- Archangel’s Loyalty Tested in Next Week’s Uncanny X-Men #6 - December 15, 2018
- Is Rocking a Mullet a Reason to Kill a Man? Next Week’s Domino #9 - December 15, 2018