Danielle Mick writes,
When I first arrived on the grand New York Comic Con showroom floor, I was immediately drawn to the giant bust of a red monster, alongside several cute, plushie versions of the beast. (“They are meant to be for the kids, you know? I needed something for the kids, but it’s mostly adult females. Boyfriends find them for their girlfriends.”)
The man behind the table is Dominic Riggio of Mess Bucket Comics and said beast is the epitome of evil in his independently published trilogy The Arcane Awakening. Riggio described his work as the final battle between good and evil, a mixture between Supernatural and the X Men. He has rated the trilogy as a solid PG-13 with some Rated R tendencies.
Said red beast is called the Ravager— a creature who consumes people before turning into the monster. It is important to note, and he made sure to tell me, that the creature is wholly inspired by his ex-girlfriend. Another fan favorite character? A good guy called Mojo who is a descendent of Jim Morrison himself. The kicker? He speaks solely in Doors lyrics.
He is offering free prints with any purchase of the trilogy and he is willing to sign the collection for no charge. The art design of the work is outstanding, so I might just have to get my hands on the set.
- So How Old Are Valeria Richards, Franklin Richards and Jonathan Kent Now? (Spoilers) - November 14, 2018
- When Wonder Woman and Captain America Challenge US Government Policy - November 14, 2018
- Venom #8 And Captain America #5 Have Very Similar Final Page Twists… (SPOILERS) - November 14, 2018
- When Was Iceman In the Fantastic Four? (Spoilers) - November 14, 2018
- Speculators, Meet Erika The Red in Thor #7 (Spoilers) - November 14, 2018