Announced today at New York Comic Con, Titan Comics’ Statix Press imprint is publishing a new translation “for the U.S. audience” of Atlas & Axis, the comic by cartoonist Pau which was nominated for the Prix Du FIBD Angoulême, a French comics festival prize which translates roughly as “stinkiest cheese award.” The comic is set to hit stores in January.
To celebrate the announcement, Titan contacted Usagi Yojimbo creator Stan Sakai, for some reason, to provide a complimentary quote in the press release.
“I have been a fan of Pau’s Atlas & Axis for years, collecting the French editions,” said Sakai in the press release. “Pau’s cartooning and clear storytelling transcends language barriers. Now, thanks to Titan Comics, I can enjoy this wonderful series completely!”
Look for this comic in stores in January.
In the fantastical world of Pangea, all the animals talk and walk on two paws. Warriors Atlas and Axis are mutts of very different pedigrees: Atlas is intelligent and rational, a calculating hero, while Axis is more likely to take a wild swing when his blood runs hot. When our roaming adventurers return home to find Viking raiders – brutes from the North who pillage and kill all who fall under their claws – have destroyed their village, they set off on a perilous quest across land and sea to save what remains of their friends and family!
- The Debut of Thorshach in Next Week’s Thor #8 - December 14, 2018
- IDW Plans Weekly Ghostbusters Event for April with 4 Teams - December 14, 2018
- DC Pulls Heroes in Crisis Poison Ivy Death Cover at Tom King’s Request - December 14, 2018
- Valiant Leaks Classified White Board with Clues for Next 12 Months of Plans - December 14, 2018
- The Fate of Cyclops Revealed in Next Week’s Extermination Finale - December 14, 2018