We mentioned before that Volume 1 of Mech Cadet Yu will be Direct Market exclusive, only available in comic book stores from January to May. Well, according to Boom! at New York Comic Con’s Diamond retailer presentation, it will also be on the cover to Diamond Previews for January as well, which may bring a few more eyes.
As will the news that their new series Fence is getting a brand new variant from Shanen Pae, the artist of Dream Daddy: A Dad Dating Simulator.
But the biggest news is that Boom! Studios revealed that the Women’s Revolution is coming to their WWE comic series via a special promo from WWE Superstar Becky Lynch, who urged fans to pick up the comic at their local comic shop in February 2018.
BOOM! Studios: Discover YOURS October 05, 2017, 6:45 PM – 7:45 PM 1A05
There’s something at BOOM! Studios for everyone – if you have a passion, we’ve got a comic book that speaks to it and this is the panel to Discover Your New Obsession! Join Greg Pak (Mech Cadet Yu), Si Spurrier (Jim Henson’s Power of The Dark Crystal), Lisa DuBois (Rugrats), David F Walker (Planet of The Apes), Sean Rubin (Bolivar), novelist Saladin Ahmed & moreas they explore the diverse imprints of BOOM! Studios, BOOM! Box, KaBOOM! and Archaia with exclusive previews, news and more surprises!
This is all coming out of Diamond’s Retailer Breakfast ahead of New York Comic Con, happening today. You can catch up with any other Retailer Breakfast announcements here.
- The Aftermath of Universal FanCon’s “Postponement” - April 21, 2018
- Selling in a Showrooming World at Diamond Retailer Summit 2018 (VIDEO) - April 21, 2018
- ComiXology Bestseller List, 21st April 2018 – When My Little Pony Beats Up Weapon H - April 21, 2018
- How Much Are Those Retailer Exclusive Action Comics #1000 Covers Selling For? - April 21, 2018
- Main Street Marketing on a Shoestring Budget at Diamond Summit 2018 (VIDEO) - April 21, 2018