These are just rumors at the moment, but they’re from sources who have been well connected in the past. But I am aware that many Marvel plans are in flux. All I can say is that at one point recently these were all being planned. Consider it a snapshot of what was at one point being planned and may well be what is actually happening, And may even be announced at NYCC. But it is what is being discussed in the run-up to the show.
In fact, for old times’ sake…
Here are the four things I’m being told about the X-Men books from Marvel. None of them are supposition. Doesn’t mean they’re true.
First, that New Mutants will return in April or May. The X-Men: New Mutants movie makes this a bit of a no-brainer, I guess, but will this affect X-Men: Blue or Generation X? That I don’t know.
Uncanny X-Men to return as a series after Phoenix Resurrection finishes, also in 2018. This may be the rumour most in flux. It might mark the moment that ResurrXion moves on.
Astonishing X-Men — it may be a maxi-series destined to end with issue 12, dealing with its own storyline regarding the Shadow King and a possible return of Professor Xavier, but this is now rumoured to be the title that sees Wolverine return. Charles Soule killed him off with The Death Of Wolverine, it’s only fair that his book be the one allowed to bring him back.
The next big X-Men event will be focused on Legion. They may not have done much when the first series launched aside from slap a sticker on X-Men Legacy collections, but David Haller will provide the focus for whatever big X-event is to come in 2018.
It may also be worth noticing that for the first time in what seems an age, Marvel actually has an X-Men panel at New York Comic Con.
Marvel Legacy: X-Men
October 06, 2017, 6:30 PM – 7:30 PM
Welcome to the X-Men panel…hope you survive the experience! The X-Men have been catapulted back to the forefront of the Marvel Universe, and there’s still more to come! Join Editor-in-Chief Axel Alonso and creators Ed Brisson (Cable, Old Man Logan), Matthew Rosenberg (Secret Warriors), and Charles Soule (Astonishing X-Men) for an X-citing discussion about everything X-Men! PLUS, don’t miss Ed Piskor’s in-depth look at the past, present and future of the Marvel’s merry mutants in X-Men: Grand Design!
Axel Alonso, Ed Brisson, Charles Soule, Matthew Rosenberg
- Phoenix Resurrection #1 Review: A Powerful, Quirky Start
- The Long Awaited "New Mutants" Teaser Trailer Is Here
- In Memory of Harlan Ellison: Michael Davis’s ‘The City on the Edge of Forever, Whitney, Martha & Apple Sauce – Straight No Chaser #339’ - July 17, 2018
- Dean Haspiel’s Red Hook Continues Free at LINE Webtoons with Starcross – Previewed Here - July 17, 2018
- Rock Candy Mountain’s Kyle Starks and Chris Schweizer Create Mars Attacks Comic for Dynamite - July 17, 2018
- John Jackson Miller and Daniel HDR Launch 35-Cent Battlestar Galactica #0 in October from Dynamite - July 17, 2018
- It’s a Two-Shirt Ant-Man and The Wasp Loot Crate for July 2018 - July 17, 2018