It was a line from the original Star Wars: Rogue One trailer, spoken by Jyn. “This is a rebellion, isn’t it? I rebel.” The line was much commented on, cropped, and used in fan videos…
Fan art, such as this by David LaFuente…
Although some weren’t so keen on it.
But its absence in the final version of the film was noted and commented upon. But recently, Marvel Comics published an adaptation of the movie as a six-issue limited series by Jody Houser, Emilio Laiso, Oscar Bazaldua, and Rachelle Rosenberg. And, in doing so, found a way to return the line in a different context. Just about. Ish.
A slight change in personal pronoun there. At the time of the movie, it was a line that contributed to a more sarcastic, less loyal, more maverick Jyn, one who had to be chained up by the Rebellion, and the change as a result of significant reshoots on the film. Here, at least, she brings other into the spirit along with her.
This scene is from issue #4, if you fancy tracking it down.
- Titan Comics to Republish Original Deadline Tank Girl Strips in Colour - January 23, 2018
- A Sneek Peak at McFarlane Toys’s New Stranger Things Ghostbusters Action Figures - January 23, 2018
- DC Comics April 2018 Catalog – Solicits From Action Comics #1000 to Splitting Batman In Two… - January 22, 2018
- DC Comics Cancels Trinity With #22 in April 2018 - January 22, 2018
- Will Marvel’s New Young Guns Move the Needle? - January 22, 2018