It was a line from the original Star Wars: Rogue One trailer, spoken by Jyn. “This is a rebellion, isn’t it? I rebel.” The line was much commented on, cropped, and used in fan videos…
Fan art, such as this by David LaFuente…
Although some weren’t so keen on it.
But its absence in the final version of the film was noted and commented upon. But recently, Marvel Comics published an adaptation of the movie as a six-issue limited series by Jody Houser, Emilio Laiso, Oscar Bazaldua, and Rachelle Rosenberg. And, in doing so, found a way to return the line in a different context. Just about. Ish.
A slight change in personal pronoun there. At the time of the movie, it was a line that contributed to a more sarcastic, less loyal, more maverick Jyn, one who had to be chained up by the Rebellion, and the change as a result of significant reshoots on the film. Here, at least, she brings other into the spirit along with her.
This scene is from issue #4, if you fancy tracking it down.
- Doctor Who: All the Covers to the Thirteenth Doctor’s First Comic from SDCC - July 20, 2018
- DC to Put Foil on Their Covers in October for DC Icons Month - July 20, 2018
- 6 Out of 10 San Diego Comic-Con Attendees Have Never Been to a Comic Shop – The Diamond Retailer Lunch - July 20, 2018
- Preview: Heroes in Crisis #1 by Tom King, Clay Mann, and Mitch Gerads - July 20, 2018
- What Happens at the Skybound Afterparty Stays at the Skybound Afterparty - July 20, 2018