It was a line from the original Star Wars: Rogue One trailer, spoken by Jyn. “This is a rebellion, isn’t it? I rebel.” The line was much commented on, cropped, and used in fan videos…
Fan art, such as this by David LaFuente…
Although some weren’t so keen on it.
But its absence in the final version of the film was noted and commented upon. But recently, Marvel Comics published an adaptation of the movie as a six-issue limited series by Jody Houser, Emilio Laiso, Oscar Bazaldua, and Rachelle Rosenberg. And, in doing so, found a way to return the line in a different context. Just about. Ish.
A slight change in personal pronoun there. At the time of the movie, it was a line that contributed to a more sarcastic, less loyal, more maverick Jyn, one who had to be chained up by the Rebellion, and the change as a result of significant reshoots on the film. Here, at least, she brings other into the spirit along with her.
This scene is from issue #4, if you fancy tracking it down.
- Image Comics Continues to Make Hit-Girl and Kick-Ass Returnable - April 24, 2018
- Portsmouth Comic Con on Free Comic Book Day - April 24, 2018
- After Seeing Infinity War – Why Not Draw It? Live Drawing with Cosplay Models in London on Friday Night - April 24, 2018
- Speculators Hoovering Up BLACK on eBay – When They Can Find It - April 23, 2018
- BLACK, the Superhero Comic Where Only Black People Get Superpowers, to Be a Film Franchise from Studio 8 - April 23, 2018