TV’s next Game of Thrones could air on the CW! No, we’re not talking about an actual or thematic sequel, but a spiritual one. Just as Game of Thrones is based on writer George R. R. Martin‘s A Song Of Ice And Fire series, which sometimes has fans wait years for new entries, CW is making a show based on the comic The Chilling Adventures Of Sabrina, a comic book that has published just eight issues in three years.
In the comic, Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa and Robert Hack provide a modern, grim and gritty take on the classic Archie property Sabrina the Teenage Witch. A show based on the property will fit right in with CW’s grim and gritty Riverdale. The only question that remains is whether the show will eventually take the Game of Thrones route of continuing past the existing story laid out in the books.
Aguirre-Sacasa will write and executive produce the show, along with a murder of executive producers including Riverdale director Lee Toland Krieger and Riverdale and Arrowverse producer Greg Berlanti. The series doesn’t have an official order, but Variety reports that it’s likely to go to series due to Berlanti’s long association with the network.
- Riverdale's K.J. Apa Involved In Late-Night Car Crash
- Lip Sync Battle Loss to Triple H and Stephanie McMahon Forces Jimmy Fallon to Appear at WWE Raw 25 - January 19, 2018
- EXCLUSSSIVE: Are These Script Excerpts from the First Draft of Brian Michael Bendis’s Action Comics #1000 Story? - January 19, 2018
- Abnett and Culbard’s Wild’s End Returns to BOOM! for Journey’s End OGN - January 19, 2018
- Superman Finally Gets His Red Underwear Back in Action Comics #1000 - January 19, 2018
- Justice League Blu-Ray to Contain Bonus Scenes, Keeping Hope Alive for Snyder Cut - January 19, 2018