TV’s next Game of Thrones could air on the CW! No, we’re not talking about an actual or thematic sequel, but a spiritual one. Just as Game of Thrones is based on writer George R. R. Martin‘s A Song Of Ice And Fire series, which sometimes has fans wait years for new entries, CW is making a show based on the comic The Chilling Adventures Of Sabrina, a comic book that has published just eight issues in three years.
In the comic, Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa and Robert Hack provide a modern, grim and gritty take on the classic Archie property Sabrina the Teenage Witch. A show based on the property will fit right in with CW’s grim and gritty Riverdale. The only question that remains is whether the show will eventually take the Game of Thrones route of continuing past the existing story laid out in the books.
Aguirre-Sacasa will write and executive produce the show, along with a murder of executive producers including Riverdale director Lee Toland Krieger and Riverdale and Arrowverse producer Greg Berlanti. The series doesn’t have an official order, but Variety reports that it’s likely to go to series due to Berlanti’s long association with the network.
- Riverdale's K.J. Apa Involved In Late-Night Car Crash
- Paramount Teases Coming to America 2 at CinemaCon 2018 - April 25, 2018
- New Inuk-Canadian Superhero Snowguard to Join Marvel’s Champions - April 25, 2018
- Saint Germaine, Raven Chronicles, Legends of Aukera, and Caliber Presents: Caliber Comics’ July Solicitations - April 25, 2018
- Here are Your 2018 Glyph Comics Award Nominees - April 25, 2018
- Cartoonist Musa Kart, Cumhuriyet Journalists Sentenced to Prison for Criticizing Turkish President - April 25, 2018