Witchblade came to an end in 2015 with issue #185. It was followed by a fanfic-made-official of the series teen-remake by Stjepan Sejic as Switch. But with news that NBC Universal is still developing a new TV series based on the character, after a TNT show back in 2001, it might be about time to go back to the blade.
Which is why this December, Image/Top Cow will publish a brand new Witchblade #1. Yeah, no #186 Legacy number for this comic, Witchblade will relaunch with a new series by Caitlin Kittredge, Roberta Ingranata, and Bryan Valenza. You can read the listing on Image’s website, though I think the image they use there is filler…
“LIFE AFTER,” Part One Gunned down and left for dead on a New York rooftop, Alex Underwood’s life should have ended there—but instead, at the moment of death, she became host to the Witchblade, a mystical artifact that grants the woman wielding it extraordinary powers. But the power comes with a heavy cost, and Alex finds herself thrust into the center of an unseen battle raging on the snowy streets of NYC. Demons are real and walking among humans, and every one of them is intent on taking out the Witchblade’s newest host before she becomes too strong to kill. But the artifact chose Alex for a reason, and she’s not going down without a fight.
It looks like we have a brand-new host for the blade: one Alex Underwood. So why was she chosen? Looks like we’ll be finding out…
- Marvel Challenges Their Readers To Find Wolverine In The Backs Of Certain Comics - December 14, 2017
- Dark Horse Comics Solicits for March 2018 – New Arc for American Gods, New Black Hammer, and Hellboy Omnibuses Begin - December 14, 2017
- Kersplatt Comics of Cairns City to Close at the End of the Year - December 14, 2017
- Maestros #3 and Amazing Spider-Man #792 Go to Second Print; Batman #38 Sells out in Advance - December 14, 2017
- M. Night Shyamalan Returns to Ontario St. Comics to Film Final Scenes of Unbreakable Sequel, Glass - December 14, 2017