Witchblade came to an end in 2015 with issue #185. It was followed by a fanfic-made-official of the series teen-remake by Stjepan Sejic as Switch. But with news that NBC Universal is still developing a new TV series based on the character, after a TNT show back in 2001, it might be about time to go back to the blade.
Which is why this December, Image/Top Cow will publish a brand new Witchblade #1. Yeah, no #186 Legacy number for this comic, Witchblade will relaunch with a new series by Caitlin Kittredge, Roberta Ingranata, and Bryan Valenza. You can read the listing on Image’s website, though I think the image they use there is filler…
“LIFE AFTER,” Part One Gunned down and left for dead on a New York rooftop, Alex Underwood’s life should have ended there—but instead, at the moment of death, she became host to the Witchblade, a mystical artifact that grants the woman wielding it extraordinary powers. But the power comes with a heavy cost, and Alex finds herself thrust into the center of an unseen battle raging on the snowy streets of NYC. Demons are real and walking among humans, and every one of them is intent on taking out the Witchblade’s newest host before she becomes too strong to kill. But the artifact chose Alex for a reason, and she’s not going down without a fight.
It looks like we have a brand-new host for the blade: one Alex Underwood. So why was she chosen? Looks like we’ll be finding out…
- DC Comics to Publish English Translation of Batman & the Justice League Manga - March 18, 2018
- Solicits for DC Ink and Zoom Titles Mera, Harley Quinn: Breaking Glass, and DC Super Hero Girls: Search for Atlantis - March 18, 2018
- Brian Michael Bendis’s Creator-Owned Comics to Cost Less from DC Than Marvel - March 18, 2018
- 8 More Absolute/Omnibus Books from DC Comics, from Flashpoint to Before Watchmen - March 18, 2018
- Adapting Madness – Bringing H.P. Lovecraft’s World to Life - March 18, 2018