We’ve been taking a look at new books and comics coming out at the upcoming Thought Bubble Comics Festival, a week-long celebration of creativity and comics that takes place in Leeds in the north of England. The festival culminates in a weekend-long comic con on September 23rd-24th. Taking over a fair part of the city across a number of venues, the event always includes the big splash con party and a smorgasbord of incredible comics and creativity in every corner you can find.
O Infante is a graphic novella by Daniela Viçoso created as part of his final MA project. 82 pages, black and white with a golden dustcover, in two editions: Portuguese and English.
A young prince (the Infante, his noble title) is assigned a young squire around his age to protect and serve him as a child. The boys grow together, and despite their different backgrounds and statuses, end up falling in love with each other. “O Infante” takes visual inspiration from Portuguese history, and evokes the Japanese “boy’s love” genre. It’s a story that takes place between fantasy and reality about things that are bigger than ourselves.
You can read a 26-page preview here. The full version will be published in English at Thought Bubble.
- San Diego Comic-Con Settled with Mormon Church Companies 2 Years Ago - December 11, 2017
- Marvel Liquidates Almost Another 200 Graphic Novels and TPBs to Retailers – S to Z - December 11, 2017
- DC Comics Liquidates Another 300 Graphic Novels and TPBs to Retailers – Mostly Vertigo - December 11, 2017
- Marvel’s Latest Label, Marvel Premiere Graphic Novel, Set to Confuse Everyone Again - December 11, 2017
- Avengers: Back to Basics – a New Avengers Twice-Monthly Series by Peter David - December 11, 2017