Jessica Chastain is already set to produce and star in the adaptation of the comic by Jimmy Palmiotti and Joe Quesada.
It’s been almost a year since we had some big news on the movie adaptation of Painkiller Jane, but it looks like production is picking up. Christine Boylan has previously written for TV shows like Constantine and Once Upon A Time, but we won’t hold that against her. She’s also written for Castle and Leverage. And now, according to a report from Deadline, she’ll be writing the script for Painkiller Jane.
The comic, first launched back in the 1990s, but recently relaunched at Dynamite, follows Jane Vasko, a former police officer who gains a powerful healing factor — and uses it to kick ass. Lotus Entertainment is in charge of the production, and there’s no release date yet. Stay tuned!
- Montreal Comic Store Librairie Astro to Close This Summer - March 22, 2018
- Mel Caylo Joins Valiant as New Director of Marketing - March 22, 2018
- Isaac Larian Seeks $800 Million in Crowdfunding to Save Toys R Us - March 22, 2018
- Fanboy Wrampage: Podcast One Drops Vince Russo Amidst Feud with Wrestling Journalists - March 22, 2018
- Sex, Violence, and X-Force in the New Deadpool 2 Trailer - March 22, 2018