Jessica Chastain is already set to produce and star in the adaptation of the comic by Jimmy Palmiotti and Joe Quesada.
It’s been almost a year since we had some big news on the movie adaptation of Painkiller Jane, but it looks like production is picking up. Christine Boylan has previously written for TV shows like Constantine and Once Upon A Time, but we won’t hold that against her. She’s also written for Castle and Leverage. And now, according to a report from Deadline, she’ll be writing the script for Painkiller Jane.
The comic, first launched back in the 1990s, but recently relaunched at Dynamite, follows Jane Vasko, a former police officer who gains a powerful healing factor — and uses it to kick ass. Lotus Entertainment is in charge of the production, and there’s no release date yet. Stay tuned!
- Jim Ross on Hulk Hogan’s WWE Return: “The Guy Paid His Price” - December 11, 2017
- Marc Silvestri’s Cyber Force Returns in March from Matt Hawkins, Bryan Hill, and Atilio Rojo - December 11, 2017
- WWE Return Will Have to Wait as Dave Bautista Lands Lead in Action Comedy ‘Stuber’ - December 10, 2017
- Warner Bros. Crosses $2 Billion at the Box Office, but with Zack Snyder Cut, Could It Be $3 Billion? - December 10, 2017
- WWE Superstar Rich Swann Suspended After Domestic Violence Arrest - December 10, 2017