Jessica Chastain is already set to produce and star in the adaptation of the comic by Jimmy Palmiotti and Joe Quesada.
It’s been almost a year since we had some big news on the movie adaptation of Painkiller Jane, but it looks like production is picking up. Christine Boylan has previously written for TV shows like Constantine and Once Upon A Time, but we won’t hold that against her. She’s also written for Castle and Leverage. And now, according to a report from Deadline, she’ll be writing the script for Painkiller Jane.
The comic, first launched back in the 1990s, but recently relaunched at Dynamite, follows Jane Vasko, a former police officer who gains a powerful healing factor — and uses it to kick ass. Lotus Entertainment is in charge of the production, and there’s no release date yet. Stay tuned!
- Marvel Catches Typhoid Fever in October… but What Is It? - July 17, 2018
- Guardians of the Galaxy Director Says Trump is Worse Than Thanos - July 17, 2018
- Dark Horse, Not Marvel, to Publish a Wreck-It Ralph Comic Book - July 17, 2018
- Black Panther’s Shuri Gets Her Own Comic at Marvel in October by Nnedi Okorafor and Leonardo Romero - July 17, 2018
- Marvel Teases Mysterious “Blind Spot” for Tomorrow, July 18th - July 17, 2018