This December, Rocko’s Modern Life returns as part of the comics’ industry’s quest to become the number one place for thirty-somethings to reconnect with their favorite childhood animated series. BOOM! Studios and Nickelodeon are teaming up to produce the ongoing series, with the creative team of Ryan Ferrier and Ian McGinty. Each issue of the comic will feature backup stories by creators including Tony Millionaire, KC Green, and David DeGrand.
Rocko, Spunky, Heffer, Filburt, the Bigheads, and the entire cast of O-Town are back, but all is not well. The town is facing a job shortage and Rocko is hit hard. With unemployment and potential homelessness on the horizon, Rocko’s problems are just beginning. But with help from his best friends Heffer and Filbert and his faithful dog Spunky, Rocko is (mostly) ready to take on the world (maybe).
“ROCKO’S MODERN LIFE was one of the standout series for me growing up,a s it really struck a chord with me in how similar it was to my own sensibilities and sense of humor, even at that younger age” said Ferrier, who always shouts the name of the comics he’s writing. “Working on this series, especially knowing how incredible Ian is going to make it, has made me an even bigger fan.”
Look for this in stores in December. You’ll have your choice of a regular cover by Jorge Monlongo, a look and find variant cover by Bachan, and a regular variant cover by Nick Pitarra.
- Jean Grey Gets Weird With Nightcrawler in X-Men Red #9 Preview - October 19, 2018
- Would Thor Make a Good Loki? A Preview of What If? Thor #1 - October 19, 2018
- Improbable Previews: An HR Violation for the Mutant Liberation Front in Uncanny X-Men #1 - October 19, 2018
- Does Logan Make a Promise He Can’t Keep in Return of Wolverine #2? (Preview) - October 19, 2018
- Skottie Young Plays the High-Stakes Game of Footsie with Uncanny X-Men #1 Variant - October 19, 2018