This December, Image will release a new comic series from creators Bryan Hill and Rhoald Marcellius called Bonehead. Set in a future where a vast megalopolis sees itself the playground of parkour-practising gangs, a mysterious new practitioner of the art of free running is set to be the potential saviour of the city itself.
It will be interesting to see how the book captures the movement and sense of risk involved in parkour, but with Image Comics titles like Motor Crush capturing the speed of motorcycle racing and Luthor Strode capturing frenetic action sequences on the page, it’s possible they’ve found another book all about speed and danger to put into the hands of readers this holiday season.
Writer Bryan Hill (ROMULUS, POSTAL) and Rhoald Marcellius (Marvel: Contest of Champions) unite for BONEHEAD, a gritty new techno-thriller from Image/Top Cow this December.
In a near future, a sprawling megalopolis sees the rise of “Boneheads,” parkour gangs who use neuro-linked helmets to augment their abilities and live for the thrill of physical risk. As a gang war threatens to tear the city apart, a mysterious Bonehead rises—a man with no past who might be the key to saving the city’s future.
“Glitch, the team that produces BONEHEAD, has a vision of a possible future and humanity’s simultaneous evolution with technology,” said Hill. “It’s a compelling concept that deals with many things we’re experiencing as a society, and I’m enjoying working with Rhoald on these concepts of futurism, humanity, and identity.”
“I grew up loving urban and underground culture, so it’s been my long-time dream working on gang war themed comics,” said Marcellius. “And given the cyberpunk setting, BONEHEAD is my perfect avenue. I’m also BIG on action, and this book is what it’s all about—acrobatics and street fights. The characters are designed by the talented Machine56, and I gotta tell you that the designs are sick! It’s really a bunch of my favorite stuff in a blender, and I’m having a blast. I hope you guys will too!”
Bonehead will be hitting comic stores Wednesday, December 27th, and the final order cutoff date is December 4th. You can use Diamond Code OCT170566 to place your orders with your local comic shop.
- PSA: One Of The Biggest Proponents Of Firing Aubrey Sitterson Is A Well-Known Anti-Diversity Troll Campaign
- Motor Crush, Noble, Power Man And Iron Fist Nominated For Best International Comic At Lagos Comic-Con 2017
- A Timeline For Aubrey Sitterson, IDW, YoJoe... And GI Joe
- The Wicked + The Divine Gets A Christmas Special With An All-Star Creative Team
- 2017 Television Countdown #4: The Steven Universe Accidental Racism Apology - December 31, 2017
- Doomsday Clock Speculation: Is Doctor Manhattan Posing as a DC Superhero? - December 29, 2017
- Eugenic #3 Review: The Horror Ends with a Look at the Horrors of Ignorance - December 27, 2017
- Well, Does Anyone Like the ‘Jubilee is a Vampire’ Idea? - December 27, 2017
- A Major Unexpected Return in Today’s Spider-Men II #5 - December 27, 2017