Marvel Studios may have chosen to make twenty movies in a row without making a single one led by a female hero, but rival Fox is apparently willing to make that long-awaited Black Widow movie Marvel didn’t.
The studio has released the trailer for Red Sparrow, a spy thriller starring Jennifer Lawrence as a Russian super spy trained since youth by an elite covert Russian spy organization and codenamed “Red Sparrow.” Check out the film’s description:
Dominika Egorova is many things. A devoted daughter determined to protect her mother at all costs. A prima ballerina whose ferocity has pushed her body and mind to the absolute limit. A master of seductive and manipulative combat. When she suffers a career-ending injury, Dominika and her mother are facing a bleak and uncertain future. That is why she finds herself manipulated into becoming the newest recruit for Sparrow School, a secret intelligence service that trains exceptional young people like her to use their bodies and minds as weapons. After enduring the perverse and sadistic training process, she emerges as the most dangerous Sparrow the program has ever produced. Dominika must now reconcile the person she was with the power she now commands, with her own life and everyone she cares about at risk, including an American CIA agent who tries to convince her he is the only person she can trust.
Will Marvel Chairman Ike Perlmutter rip all the Black Widow posters off the walls of the Marvel offices and ban her from appearing in comics and merchandise in response to this new film? We’ll keep you posted on that.
In the meantime, watch the trailer below:
Directed by Francis Lawrence and also starring Joel Edgerton, Matthias Schoenaerts, Charlotte Rampling, Mary-Louise Parker, and Jeremy Irons, Red Sparrow hits theaters on March 2, 2018.
- Young Adult Specialist Frank Miller Drawing King Arthur OGN ‘Cursed’ - March 23, 2018
- Frank Miller Writing Young Adult Carrie Kelley OGN as Part of DC-Exclusive 5-Book Deal - March 23, 2018
- Hulk Hogan Set for Andre the Giant Doc Premiere as First Stop in WWE Return - March 23, 2018
- Donny Cates Confirms the End of Thanos for April’s Thanos #18… For Now - March 22, 2018
- Jim Cornette Announces Wrestling Comic at IDW, Claims It Will Make You Rich - March 22, 2018