The former/current director for S.H.I.E.L.D. is going to be a director of S.H.I.E.L.D. Clark Gregg, who got his role in Iron Man when his buddy Jon Favreau mushed together a few different agent parts into one and called him, has been the backbone of the MCU ever since. Even when he died in the Avengers, they just spun him off into his own television series. Agent Phil Coulson may be the most recognizable non-superhero in the Marvel Universe — and now the man Nick Fury (Samuel L. Jackson) promoted to Director of S.H.I.E.L.D. is going to move behind the camera and become the director of an episode of Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
Gregg replied to a tweet yesterday that asked if he was ever going to direct on the show. The actor has helmed three projects in the past. He co-wrote and directed the 2008 comedy Choke with Sam Rockwell and Angelica Huston. He directed the short called A Breakfast Nook in 2010. And then he wrote, directed and starred in the 2013 film Trust Me with William H. Macy, Amanda Peet, Allison Janney, Felicity Huffman, and Rockwell. He was also in Iron Man 2 with Rockwell… I wonder if they know each other?
Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Season 5 will air later this fall after Marvel’s Inhumans runs it’s eight episodes.
I’m directing my first one starting this week. #DaisyDatesanAlien
— Clark Gregg (@clarkgregg) September 12, 2017
- 5 Things We Want to See in Krypton Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Gotham Season 5, the Final Season - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Black Lightning Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in DC’s Legends of Tomorrow Season 4 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Supergirl Season 4 - June 30, 2018