And the year after that too!
HBO has renewed Last Week Tonight with John Oliver for an additional three seasons, according to a breaking news report from Variety. The show, which effectively serves as the spiritual successor to the Daily Show despite only airing once a week, will air at least through 2020, according to the report. In addition to providing a humorous take on current events and a deep dive lambasting of one major topic each week, the show provides a weekly supply of clickbait articles publishing clips from the show during the slow start of news weeks when it airs.
“We are thrilled to have John Oliver as an integral part of the HBO family and to continue to share his comedic brilliance with the world,” said Casey Bloys, and HBO exec tapped to produce a complimentary comment about Oliver for the announcement. “His extraordinary genius for rich and intelligent commentary is second to none.”
Over at THR, who are one currently one paragraph ahead of Variety on their breaking article, Oliver also contributed a quote:
First: I firmly disagree with everything Casey just said. Second: We’re very grateful to Richard Plepler, Casey and everyone at HBO for letting us continue to do whatever it is we actually do. And finally: We’d also like to thank our staff for all their hard work. We’re incredibly proud of all of you, and rather than tell you that to your face, we’d like to do it in the cold, dispassionate form of a press release.
We don’t expect to update this article with anymore information, but we’d feel left out if our article didn’t also end with something like:
Breaking… stay tuned for updates…
- Get Your First Look At Origin Of Wonder Woman’s Brother, Jason Woman, In Wonder Woman #35 Preview - November 20, 2017
- Blue Beetle Confirmed To Be Cancelled With DC February Solicitations - November 20, 2017
- DC To Collect Trina Robbins And Kurt Busiek’s Legends Of Wonder Woman, As Amazon Snubs Robbins - November 20, 2017
- Lizzy Caplan Supposedly In Talks For Supposed Role In Channing Tatum’s Supposed Gambit Movie - November 20, 2017
- Wolverine Starting To Ramp Up Guest Appearance Schedule Ahead Of 2018 Return - November 20, 2017