One upon a time, Jay Fosgitt published Bodie Troll through Red 5 Comics, following a seemingly fearsome monster who is actually a lovable grump. He talked about developing the character and stories here. But in 2018, it is moving over to Boom! Studios.
Boom! Studios is going to collect all that work in a new all-ages graphic novel for February 2018. At over 250 pages and includes all the Red 5 comics plus all-new original stories about Bodie’s continuing adventures.
The villagers of Hagadorn whisper tales of Bodie Troll’s ferociousness and tread lightly when they cross his bridge. At least, that’s what Bodie would like to think. Despite his desires to strike fear in the hearts of others, Bodie is a cute and cuddly grump of a troll. But what he might lack in ferocity, he makes up for in spirit. Alongside his best friend Cholly and her Fairy Godmother, Bodie has a habit of finding trouble and adventure. If he’s lucky, he just might scare someone along the way.
“While Bodie dreams of being the villain of this fairytale world, despite his best efforts, he inevitably winds up the hero every time,” says Fosgitt.
“My inspiration for BODIE TROLL was my love of fairytales, folklore, and mythology,” Fosgitt continues. “I wanted to imbue it with anachronistic humor to make the characters and their stories relatable to our own world, while having a warm heart at the center of the silliness. I wanted to create something that Jim Henson would have appreciated.”
Look for it in February
under your local bridge in your local comic book store.
- Kick-Ass #1 And Metal #6 On Front And Back Of Next Week’s Diamond Previews Catalogue - November 22, 2017
- 13 Thoughts About Doomsday Clock #1 – Learning From History, Condemned To Repeat It Anyway (SPOILERS) - November 21, 2017
- Tomorrow’s Comics Today, And Doomsday Clock Eclipses Them All – A Comic Show - November 21, 2017
- Batman And Catwoman’s First Date Sells Out A Week Before Publication, Batman Annual #2 Goes To Second Print - November 21, 2017
- Geoff Johns’ 11.57 PM Countdown Video For Doomsday Clock #1 - November 21, 2017