I got a chance to play Dissidia Final Fantasy NT at PAX West and had one hell of a time trying out the battle mechanics and playing with some of my favorite characters from Final Fantasy past. However, those of you looking forward to playing the game anywhere beyond a PlayStation… you’re a bit out of luck. Several sources are reporting that the Square Enix title being developed by Team Ninja will be a PS4 exclusive when it is launched in January 2018, with no foreseeable plans to release on PC, Xbox One, or Nintendo Switch.
That news is kind of a bummer for a lot of fans of the series who had the chance to play more recent titles like Final Fantasy XV on either PS4 or Xbox One, with a PC version coming in 2018. Especially since Dissidia Final Fantasy NT itself has iconic characters that span over multiple console generations and has an appeal to old and new gamers alike, many of whom may have chosen a different home console than the PS4. In our opinion, it sounds like a no-brainer on Square Enix’s part to make the game available to as many people as possible, but it doesn’t seem like that’s in the cards for now.
- 'Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius' Will Not Be Getting Ported Over
- 'Final Fantasy XVI' Is Going To Be Just As Expansive As XV
- Dissidia Final Fantasy NT Is Bizarre And Perfect
- Dissidia Final Fantasy NT: Collectors Edition, Pre-Order Bonus Details, And A Release Date
- The Dissidia Final Fantasy NT Closed Beta Will Run Later This Month
- Dissidia Final Fantasy NT Closed Beta Signup Is Now Open
- Dragon Ball FighterZ, Arika's Mystery Fighter Game, And Dissidia Final Fantasy NT Will Be Playable At EVO
- How The Dying Roll: Reviewing The ‘Tomb Of Annihilation’ Dice Set - September 19, 2017
- ‘Ink’, ‘MvCI’, & ‘NBA 2K18’ For Video Game Releases: Sept. 19-25 - September 19, 2017
- More Minecraft Craftables From JiNX & Extra Goodies To Review - September 18, 2017
- Can You Make ESports Relatable? We Explore The Possibilities In ‘Good Game’ - September 18, 2017
- Battling Like A Pair Of Rad DJ’s! We Review ‘Dropmix’ - September 18, 2017